Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Brake Lining Rivets
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cymber

United Kingdom
966 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  20:47:29  Show Profile
I need 3/16" rivets for my P Types brakes. The holes in the shoes are all shapes and the answer seems to be redrill them and use larger rivets. My local sources don't have any so can someone point me in the right direction please.
I have a set of 1/8" rivets for exchange or sale.

Maurice Blakey.

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1564 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  23:55:34  Show Profile
Hi Maurice,
"................I need 3/16" rivets for my P Types brakes."

Try The Rivet Supply Co. website:www.sapphireproducts.co.uk.
I've found them most helpful.
Cheers.

Bruce. (PB0564)
Go to Top of Page

bahnisch

Australia
674 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2008 :  08:01:31  Show Profile
I gave up on rivets many years go. Whilst the woven linings were always considered to be "de riguer" I have found the soft grey bonded linings better. The compound has changed in recent years (eliminating the asbestos content) but I still consider the substitute now available more effective than the woven type.
Go to Top of Page

etlanpa

United Kingdom
560 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2008 :  10:14:14  Show Profile
Totally agree!
These 'soft' linings are very effective (even when cold) and are much more 'drum friendly'....and being bonded on there's no risk of loose rivets.
Go to Top of Page

talbot

United Kingdom
718 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2008 :  13:07:12  Show Profile
I sent my brake shoes away recently for bonded relining and the firm that did them (I can't lay my hands on their name / address at the moment)pointed out that the area of the counterbores for rivets can add up to 10% of the friction surface. Don't know if bonding will improve braking efficiency by this ammount but it must help.

Jan T
Go to Top of Page

davies

United Kingdom
699 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2008 :  10:35:59  Show Profile
Industrial Brakes Ltd Tel 01902 492337 will reline your shoes with the correct bonded material for approx ú5.65 each+ plus post. Turnround is only a couple of days.Regards Rich
Go to Top of Page

Cymber

United Kingdom
966 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2008 :  20:23:36  Show Profile
Thanks everybody but this morning I opened the packet of what I thought were 1/8"rivets and found they were actually 3/16".

Maurice.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000