Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 University Motors Ltd Suppliers Badge dates
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

creamcracker

United Kingdom
116 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2023 :  13:53:42  Show Profile
Does anybody know the dates that the different types of UMG badges were issued. KJ1592 (Ian) has just sold one early version on Parts for Sale and I have another which has a raised blue enamel centre and was made by J R Gaunt, London.(I think they are still in existence)I hope I have attached both images for comparison.Thoughts please. Keith

Edited by - creamcracker on 21/01/2023 13:58:21

creamcracker

United Kingdom
116 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2023 :  16:35:29  Show Profile
One picture didn't load, the one of my badge.

Go to Top of Page

KJ1592

United Kingdom
453 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2023 :  20:58:16  Show Profile
Hi Keith

Here are a few photos of various styles of UM dashboard plaques from my collection and another one that was on the dash of a PB. The round badge is the earliest dating from the late 1920’s or early 1930’s. After that the oblong badges were used. As you can see there were various types of these with subtle differences.

Go to Top of Page

creamcracker

United Kingdom
116 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2023 :  22:29:52  Show Profile
Wow Ian, that's quite a collection. I always find it satisfying if I can put dates to these pieces of history, hence my question. I had been led to believe that the UMG badge with the blue enamel was the earliest and it was then discontinued on cost grounds-enamel is an expensive process. Any ideas?
Keith
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000