Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 New Gears for Wolseley 4-speed gearbox
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Peter Parry

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2023 :  19:24:13  Show Profile
I visited Neve Engineering last week and, although the completion date for the new gears has slipped again (until the end of April), steady progress is being made.

The photos show show that the double helical gears have now all been made. You can also see the 3rd 4th gears and (in the yellow plastic bin) the reverse gears. Stacked beside the bin are the layshaft blanks.

Some of these finished gears have still to be sent for heat treating. Some also still need to be sent for shot peening. In the photos the gears that are a darker shade of grey are the ones that have been shot peened (giving the final finish).

The input shafts and main shafts are about to be started. The delay with these has in part been caused by defective tooling which has had to be returned to the manufacturer.

The new gear selectors (for those converting from PA to PB ratios) have been completed and are now with Neve.

I'll be sending a more detailed update this week to everyone who is buying new gears.

Cerbera Limited

Edited by - mgmog on 05/03/2023 19:50:04
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000