Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Paint colours
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

metal mickey

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  16:04:00  Show Profile
Hi Guys, I'll put my hands up straight away and tell you that I've come to MGs late in life so if I'm asking questions to which even your children know the answer - be gentle with me.
Firstly does anybody know current paint codes for what I've been told is Oxford and Cambridge blue?
Secondly the lower radiator outlet and the water pump outlet appear to be mis-aligned by around an inch. I have bought an offset hose (supposedly the correct one) but it is still kinking to the extent that I am concerned about the restricted water flow. Is it likely or possible that the water pump is incorrect for a Magna engine? And how would I know?

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  18:36:39  Show Profile
Hello Mickey, (is that Metal Mickey of Sportscar Metalworks?)

I'll try to deal with the paint question.

Oxford and Cambridge blues - an option offered by the factory in the 1930s have modern equivalent paint colours, which are SaabÆs ôMidnight Blueö and PeugeotÆs ôBleu Rhapsodieö.

In his book on the 4-cylinder cars Malcolm Green muddles these up, suggesting that Midnight Blue is the light (Cambridge) blue and Bleu Rhapsodie is the dark (Oxford) blue, but in fact it's the other way round!

Regards
Dick Morbey, PA/B 0743
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000