Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 M type tonneau
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  13:59:48  Show Profile
I am happy to report that I have purchased James Mumford's M type as advertised in the November Bullentin. ( no. 2M2305 reg VU4037) Any history of the car would be welcomed. I have to thank David Stansbie and Philip B-P for their help in this purchase

The car will be shipped "roll on Roll off" like the "Raid " cars were two years ago. Thus it will be on the docks both in the UK and in New Jersey for several days. The car has no tonneau, so I have arranged to have one fitted near Mr. Munford's home by a local trimmer. I will go with double duck as it seems right for a 1930 car. I am aware of the limitations of this fabric

I would asppreciate if anyone has any hints or suggestions that I should pass on to the trimmer before he makes the tonneau
thanks

Mike L

John Haine

United Kingdom
208 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  17:59:57  Show Profile
Mike,

I am familiar with two M-Type tonneaux, both of which you would have seen on the "Raid". Mine is in two halves,joined with a zip,the driver's side one being slightly wider. I could give you dimensions and photos if you like. When not in use either or both have to be removed to go in the boot. The one on Tony Margel's car is a rather better arrangement,as it rolls up and is held by straps when not in use, staying on the car, and is therefore quicker to deploy. No doubt he could provide more details.

Good luck with the new car!

John
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
653 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  15:43:23  Show Profile
Mike
Well, that's the first nice thing that Mr Haine has ever said about me!!
My tonneau, 30 years old now, was also double duck. The outside is somewhat faded now - due to the torrid Summers that we have over here! and it is still quite waterproof.
As John said, mine is zipped up the middle - I don't find that a problem when driving.
I can e-mail you some pics of how it folds up if you wish.
Tony M
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  18:13:10  Show Profile
Hi Tony, I have asked John to send details of his tonneau and do appreciate your offer as well.Please email them. The trimmer will get the car Monday. I am sure both of you say nice things about the other all day long, you just can't hear each other over the roar of those lovely MMM engines. All the best

Mike L
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000