Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Colin Tieche
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2023 :  12:08:38  Show Profile
I am very sad to have to report that Colin Tieche one of the great stalwarts of Triple M passed away quietly last night having been unwell for some while.

Colin was not only a very successful Triple M racer in firstly his J2 then of course in J 4002 but also one of the finest Triple M engineers and for many years the Technical Advisor to the Register.

He was responsible for the manufacture of many new components from replacement engine blocks to fine quality rockers and many other components. After the closure of the A.E.Tieche Precision Engineering Company which he ran with his father Eric he became for many people the " to go to " person for complete car rebuilds or top quality engine and gearbox and component rebuilds. His skills and quality workmanship live on today in many cars that are still being actively campaigned and raced.

Colin was my mentor and I have many happy memories of working long hours with him rebuilding his J4, his N type Airline Coupe and his C type amongst many other projects.

Rest in Peace Colin

TH

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2023 :  12:22:30  Show Profile
Very sad indeed to hear that Colin has died . Terry’s words are very accurate in describing Colin’s contribution to the Triple M world . My condolences to his family .
Go to Top of Page

mike.g

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2023 :  12:43:33  Show Profile
Terry sums up Colins lifelong contribution to every thing Triple M very well. As some one with virtually no mechanical or engineering skills I always found Colin very helpful and enthusiastic.My C type would never have got back on the road without Colins input. RIP Colin

m.j.gooch
Go to Top of Page

John Reid

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2023 :  14:22:10  Show Profile
Terry, I am very sorry to read your post that Colin Tieche died last night. A sad day. I hadn’t seen him for many years, but have happy memories of all he has done for me and Triple-M people.

I’m sure many of our engines have Tieche rockers! Many of the usual crowd will be at the Kimber Centenary Touring Assembly, so we shall raise a glass to Colin at dinner.
My condolences to the family.

John R

Edited by - John Reid on 26/04/2023 14:26:38
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2023 :  20:45:14  Show Profile
How sad, yet another well known Triple-M stalwart has passed away.

I shall always remember seeing Colin racing J4002, it set a new and very high standard and was always very quick. The car was fitted with I think 16 inch tyres but following a racing accident, when the car overturned, Colin rebuilt the car and returned to racing on standard 18 inch wheels.

My condolences to the family.

RIP Colin.

George

Edited by - George Eagle on 26/04/2023 20:47:00
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3244 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2023 :  20:59:01  Show Profile
Colin was the inspiration for my wife's interest in Airline Coupes. Many years ago at the natter at the Black Horse pub, he offered her a ride in his NA Airline. But about a half mile down the road, the car started sputtering and not running well at all. My wife looked down and saw that the key wasn't completely in the on position. She turned it full on and the car started to run beautifully. She asked "did that fix it?". Poor Colin was so embarrassed that he didn't speak another word to her the rest of the evening.
We almost bought an Airline (PA0286) from Terry Holden that year, but lost out to BW. Almost 20 years of searching later, we bought PB0560 from Gerry Goguen and restored it.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, NA0651
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2159 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2023 :  21:53:46  Show Profile
How very sad indeed. A great loss to the MMM community

Rich

Vintage MG Parts
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic