Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Peter Down R.I.P.
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2023 :  11:58:43  Show Profile
It is with sadness that we must report the death of Peter Down, who passed away yesterday, the 15th of May 2023.

Peter was a man of quiet charm who enlivened our little community over very many years. He had owned his PA since 1958 and it remained one of the most original examples of this model than you'll ever encounter.

Our website contains several drawings which he made to record some of the original features of his car. These continue to serve as an accurate and valuable guide to others who may have a less complete car to work on.

Peter was a true friend of the Club and the Register. He is survived by his wife, Marian and their three children to whom we send sincere condolences.

Peter and Marion at the Brighton Regency Run of 2002

RIP dear friend.

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org

Edited by - DickMorbey on 16/05/2023 17:42:40

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3239 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2023 :  12:39:08  Show Profile
Another stalwart has sadly passed away.

RIP Peter.

George.
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth Taylor

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2023 :  14:55:41  Show Profile

Peter was a true gentleman and I am so pleased that I got to speak to him last week regarding the Summer Gathering, something he said he was very much looking forward to. He was his usual lovely self and we really had such a nice chat. We send our sincere condolences to Marian and all the family.

RIP Peter.

Elizabeth and Andrew
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2023 :  14:46:10  Show Profile
Peter was as Elizabeth has just said a real gentleman. He was very helpful to members new to the register. His simple to read drawings were very helpful for newcomers to the register. You new that the information was truely "original'

Rest in peace my friend, Peter

Peter
Go to Top of Page

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2023 :  09:49:32  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by DickMorbey

It is with sadness that we must report the death of Peter Down, who passed away yesterday, the 15th of May 2023.

Peter was a man of quiet charm who enlivened our little community over very many years. He had owned his PA since 1958 and it remained one of the most original examples of this model than you'll ever encounter.

Our website contains several drawings which he made to record some of the original features of his car. These continue to serve as an accurate and valuable guide to others who may have a less complete car to work on.

Peter was a true friend of the Club and the Register. He is survived by his wife, Marian and their three children to whom we send sincere condolences.

Peter and Marion at the Brighton Regency Run of 2002

RIP dear friend.

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page