Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Mike Shearn
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Johnball

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2023 :  15:53:48  Show Profile
I am trying to trace history of my car, as I have gaps in the 50’s and 60’s. I have now discovered owners Ted Walker, Clive Greenaway who owned the car in the middle 60’s to early 70’s. I have photos from both of them. But at the weekend, I had someone come up to me and claim they owned the car in middle 60’s. His name is David Bell
The connecting factor is that Ted Walker lived near Bristol, Clive Greenaway lived in Bath, David Bell at the weekend also lived in Bath. He described the car to me and when I showed him a 1965 colour photo, it matched exactly. This person said he bought the car from a dealer, owned it a couple of years and sold it back to the same dealer to buy a 50’s Alpine. He was at the time aged about 20 and the car was just an old runabout.

What I would like to know from anybody, if the dealer was Mike Shearn or whether he is yet another owner in the cars history, either before or after any of the names mentioned above.

I find tracing history fascinating and so far have discovered interesting stories and some photos.

LewPalmer

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2023 :  18:46:38  Show Profile
John,
I am not the best person to ask or do the research. But just out of curiosity, I did some checking. There is a listing for an M.A. Shearn and he does seem to have some tenuous connection to KN0267, but is not listed as one of the owners, yet when I search on his name, KN0267 appears as one of his cars.

Perhaps one of the UK Registrars should take it from here.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, NA0651
Go to Top of Page

Johnball

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2023 :  19:49:38  Show Profile
Hello Lew, yes I am aware of his name within my car details, but it is the timeline and order of when and if he owned it. It is because I have definitely found others who owned in the 1960’s.
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2023 :  05:38:47  Show Profile
Mike Shearn owned "Shearns" builders merchants in Combe Down (Bath). He also had a J2. He was not a car dealer, but liked his cars and had a collection of classic & modern. Clive Greenaway was an active SW Centre member.
JH
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000