Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Kim : A Biography of M.G. founder Cecil Kimber
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Peter Yonge

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2023 :  13:34:21  Show Profile

https://www.daltonwatson.com/Kim-A-Biography-of-M-G-Founder-Cecil-Kimber-p/kimber.htm

https://www.motors-mania.com/fr/tous-nos-produits/10689-kim-a-biography-of-mg-founder-cecil-kimber.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=flashsdays

Available to pre-order with Amazon and others, and speedyhen at £99.87

Westbury

United Kingdom
2008 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2023 :  17:41:43  Show Profile
I have just received a copy of this book and can say it is superb, a real must for MMM enthusiasts and features hundreds of illustrations.
Anyone thinking of buying this book I would say, don’t hesitate!
No connection with sales.
Chris
Go to Top of Page

Kaklemmer

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2023 :  13:30:38  Show Profile
I got my copy at the GOFC auction. I was bidding against someone else in the back of the room and realized later it was my wife! Ended up paying $180 for it :D It is very enjoyable to read and fabulous photos (i'm probably half way through). My only gripe is the paper used is very cheap.
Go to Top of Page

Mike Allison

United Kingdom
196 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2023 :  11:30:51  Show Profile
I went to KH and bought a centenary cap and this book. The book was worth every penny...and btw, the cap is OK too! It contains so much information not previously published and is illustrated by pictures not before seen. Well done Jon Presnell, all true enthusiasts should have one on their personal bookshelves.
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2008 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2023 :  12:27:06  Show Profile
I must say I am puzzled by Ken’s comment on the quality of the paper, the book is published by Dalton Watson, a well known book seller.
Chris
Go to Top of Page

huw

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2023 :  09:24:18  Show Profile
I also concur that this is a superb book and piece of research by Jon Pressnell - was great to meet with and talk to the Author at the MG Centenary event at Gaydon and be the first person to buy a copy at that event (Jon had yet to set up stall). I am pacing my reading, but i have now reached page 500 - not looking forward to reaching the end as this will mean, like a good film, that it is then all over. He also, partially, answers my question i posed in a recent safety fast about the origin of the 8/33 term, who thought it could be..... well, i'll let you find out.

Edited by - huw on 13/08/2023 09:36:52
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000