Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Salon Privé MG Display
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Johnny_M

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2023 :  12:23:07  Show Profile
Hi all,
As some of you will know, I am a judge at Salon Privé (Blenheim Palace). A couple of weeks ago, the main organiser contacted me to say that he'd been given permission to put together an MG display to mark MG100. It is apparently taking pride of place at the show's entrance. He contacted me to ask for my help, as they still have space for a couple of cars. The currently lineup

I have been in touch directly with a few people here, but I wondered whether anyone had an interesting car they would like to enter? They are looking for cars with racing or very interesting history, ideally something a bit unusual (special bodies, etc).

There is no charge and they are offering a pair of full hospitality tickets for Weds or Thurs (worth about £700 each) and five entry tickets to the weekend show. If you're already signed up for Hampton Court, you can't enter this (as the HC team won't accept a car that has been shown somewhere else recently before.) You don't need to be there with your car throughout, but they have asked that the cars be there be there from early 30th Aug to late Sat 2nd Sep. If you wanted to do the Tour Privé on 29th, I'm sure that would be fine, too (it's great fun).

Just to make it clear: I'm not on the staff or paid by SP, just helping out where I can. If you're interested, please drop me an email and I'll put you in touch with Nick, the organiser. I'm on johnmayhead at gmail dot com

Edited by - Johnny_M on 08/08/2023 12:24:35

Teifion

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2023 :  13:20:42  Show Profile
Hi Jonny, they've contacted me to arrange transport for K3015 to be there, awaiting update.

Teifion
Go to Top of Page

Johnny_M

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2023 :  15:22:30  Show Profile
Ah, superb. I think it will be a great group of cars!

Go to Top of Page

rapide

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2023 :  15:25:42  Show Profile
could I ask John Mayhead to contact me on my listed email regarding the Salon Prive. I may well qualify .
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth Taylor

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2023 :  14:31:20  Show Profile

Hi John,

It was great to meet you at Blenheim. Thank you so much for putting us in contact with Nick. We had a wonderful time, both on the Thursday and Saturday, and it was such a lovely event for us to do with K3011 in its 90th anniversary year.

Look forward to seeing you out in the C Type.

Elizabeth and Andrew

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000