Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Electrical grub screws, field fuses, and more
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Oz34

United Kingdom
2537 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2023 :  12:22:25  Show Profile
Recently there have been various requests for info on grub screws for cut-outs etc and for dynamo field fuses.

While looking for something else, I came on this https://www.dynamoregulatorconversions.com/reproduction-rb106-and-rf95-regulators.php

If you scroll right down, not only will you find new grub screws and field fuses, but also new covers for CJR2 fuse boxes in black or brown.

Just a satisfied customer who has bought a number of different things from them in the past!

Dave

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2159 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2023 :  21:17:10  Show Profile
Are these covers being correctly described by the website you refer to?

In the website it states ‘cutout covers in brown and black’. The original covers were deep drawn pressings in brass. I would be interested to know if anyone has gone to the shear expense to have these made as original. I have previously looked into tooling costs and commercially, it did not stack up.

Perhaps the add is referring to the fuse cover, which is quite different and, the easy part to mold. I made my own mold years ago but needed tweaking to achieve perfection.

Are you able to clarify Dave what is being made here and out of what material

Rich

Vintage MG Parts
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2537 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2023 :  21:59:52  Show Profile
Rich,
It was really the fuse cover photo which caught my eye as these can quite easily be broken. As you say, the cut out cover is brass and I'm sure the ones shown are plastic.
In the end it's up to someone buying to determine if what's on offer is suitable to their needs and it may be that, if you cannot find a brass cut out cover, you might consider a plastic one, at least while you are continuing to look?
It was however really the grub screws that seemed of interest, together with the field fuses since both have recently been sought.
Cheers,
Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000