Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 The Stoneleigh Spares Day - 11 Feb 2024
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3676 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2023 :  18:29:33  Show Profile

You'll be pleased to know that our request for an MGCC Triple-M Register stand at next year's Stoneleigh Spares Day has been accepted. The organisers, Live Promotions have also confirmed that the stand will be the same size as last year (10 metres X 4 metres) and will be situated in Hall 2A.

The stand and location worked well last year and it's nice to have this opportunity for a pitch on which to display 2-3 cars and our various Register offerings.

Please will you save the date? Thanks.

I will now use the V word!

As always, we will need volunteers to help with all aspects of the event:
  • setting up
  • doing a turn on the stand during the day
  • helping to put the stand to bed at the end of the day
  • Oh, and we'd be looking out for two 'suitable' cars to put on display - offers please!

PLEASE will you offer your services? Its a really good event and great fun in good company...

Thank you!

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org

Edited by - DickMorbey on 16/10/2023 18:30:54

colintf

United Kingdom
1501 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2023 :  16:11:45  Show Profile
Steffi and I will help in the usual ways Dick :)

Colin Murrell
PA0786 (D0285 previously)
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)

https://www.triple-mregister.org/racing.asp

http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3676 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2023 :  10:56:30  Show Profile
Thanks to everyone who has so far offered to help the Register at Stoneleigh for the show on 11th February. More volunteers are needed, please and will be welcomed!

I have just received a message from the show organisers saying that discounted early booking tickets are now available - see https://www.mgandtriumphsparesday.co.uk/?

BUT
As the Register will have a limited number of FREE tickets to give to Member volunteers, could you please check that we have your name on the list before spending your hard-earned money on tickets!!

Thank you.

PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3676 Posts

Posted - 24/12/2023 :  14:30:36  Show Profile
Hello folks,

Before we hunker down for Christmas, and I hope very much that you have an enjoyable festival, it's time for a quick update about the Stoneleigh show on 11th of February.

Several volunteers have already offered their services to help us set up and run the day - thanks to them - but more are always welcome, please. Please contact me if interested.

The main purpose of this message is to ask whether any owners would like to offer their car for inclusion in the Register's display. Any car, regardless of condition or refinement would be of interest although it would be nice if it could be a 1934 vehicle, 2024 being the 90th anniversary year!

All offers or expressions of interest will be welcomed and will be acknowledged. Exhibitor cars come with two complementary tickets for the event!

Thanks - and Happy Christmas!

PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3676 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2023 :  17:55:26  Show Profile
As we emerge from Christmas it may be timely to say that we have yet to receive any offers of display cars for the Stoneleigh show on February 11.
To help us all with the planning of this event we'd very much like to hear from anyone interested in putting their car on display. Over to you then!

Many thanks.

PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 30/12/2023 17:56:32
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3676 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2024 :  13:36:52  Show Profile
This is a quick update to let you know that at the moment, I think we have one display car for Stoneleigh, a very original ‘proper’K2, but we really need two vehicles to showcase.

This would be a great time for you to offer a car to be given a place in the limelight!

Please ….!

PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Tim Sharp

United Kingdom
303 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2024 :  13:58:34  Show Profile
Dick

As previously, PB is available if needed but was on the stand last year so a repeat would be rather boring!!

I'm sure somebody else would be willing to help?

Tim

Tim Sharp
PB0685 - Nuneaton
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3676 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2024 :  16:16:55  Show Profile
Thanks Tim,

Yes, all understood, and exactly as we have discussed – we were trying to give you a break this year!
Therefore, the search is still on for a display car from one of our fraternity – please contact me to offer or to request details.

Thanks

PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1722 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2024 :  17:42:42  Show Profile
Dick,

email me at peterlansdown1@outlook.com re cars at Stoneleigh...
possibility my son might bring our old and tatty but original J.

He's not keen on driving if the weather is foul so might like to borrow a trailer. Anyone like to lend one? Cardiff to Stoneleigh and back?

And not sure he has a tow car either.....

Cheers

P
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1934 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2024 :  15:53:17  Show Profile
It was great to see two "well used" examples at Stoneleigh yesterday. (The cars, not those attending!)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000