Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Imperial Motors
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PimL1

Netherlands
120 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2023 :  15:09:35  Show Profile
Hello everyone.

Is there any member who can give, or have, information about Imperial Motors.
As far as I know they have in the thirties a garage at Bristol, 103 White Ladies Road Clifton.
Any information, may be pictures or so are very welcome.
Kind regards,
Pim L1/049
Mail adress 245dorrestijn at ziggo.nl
Read at as @ without spaces.

Foz

United Kingdom
769 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2023 :  15:18:42  Show Profile
Hi Pim,
look up anything on Morgan Marshall ... especially 18/80 MGs. Had to honour to know him for many years and have lots of interactions. Peter Jones is the hero who looked after him in his last years. My own 18/80 was owned by him for many years and has an Imperial Motors dash plaque. Give me some time and I will contact you direct.
sincerely
FOZ
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3237 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2023 :  21:56:04  Show Profile
I also knew Morgan Marshall who lived in a old house in Bristol. There were several MGs in his garden and he regularly competed in trials with the 18/80 which I believe is owned by Peter Jones.
Morgan also used to rally in a YA saloon which I think was owned by a lady cousin?
The house was a source of an incredible variety of spares.
George.
Go to Top of Page

Bathurst

Australia
13 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2023 :  23:31:27  Show Profile
Hi Pim
Morgan Marshall at Imperial Motors serviced my Father's PA and other MGs such as the NA and PB that entered with my Father in the MCC's 1935 Lands End Trial and were awarded silver spoons for the Silver Team prize. I still have Dad's spoon!
I don't think Imperial Motors was a sub agent selling new MGs but it was a service garage of great repute because MM was a competitor and encouraged his customs to enter motor sport.
If you look at the MMM YB 2009 therein is the story of my Father's PA with references to MM. Also a picture of employees outside Imperial Motors.

Rob
Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2023 :  09:25:19  Show Profile
Morgan Marshall an iconic man when it came to M.G.s especially 18/80's. he seemed to have owned so many over the years. When I brought my first 18/80 in 1963 it came with a thick file of mainly letters from or to him. He didn't like the telephone. I have a little memento on my M type dashboard, although he probably never came near to the car.

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000