Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Mike Allison
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3237 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2024 :  17:51:48  Show Profile
I have just been notified there is a Facebook posting advising that Mike has sadly passed away.

What very sad news to the Triple-M fraternity, Mike was a towering figure in every sense of the word. Racer, historian, founder member of the Register etc.

Rest in peace Mike and condolences to Ann and family.

George

sven

Sweden
431 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2024 :  18:22:16  Show Profile
Very sad news indeed. Mike helped me buy my L tourer way back in 1965, it is still in my garage.

Condolences to Ann and families.
Mike rest in peace.

Sven
Sweden
Go to Top of Page

Digby

United Kingdom
133 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2024 :  19:33:14  Show Profile
Mike Allison RIP: As many of you will have heard, our President and stalwart MMM supporter passed away on the 9th January. At the request of the family, we did not make an immediate announcement but we can now share the sad news.
The funeral will be a private family one but Anne and her family are planning a “party” in April to celebrate Mike’s life and, appropriately, it will take place in the Abingdon area. More details to follow.
Part of Anne’s message to me is worth repeating and I hope she doesn’t mind: “I often wonder if people realise how important the Register is to me…. Over the last 62 years, Mike put ‘a lot in’ but got so much ‘out’”.
On behalf of the Triple-M Committee and the world-wide Triple-M community, can I offer our sincere condolences to Anne and her family and may they have many happy memories of Mike and their life together. DIGBY GIBBS

Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3242 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2024 :  21:52:49  Show Profile
Deepest condolences from us on the left side of the pond. We owe a lot to Mike.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, NA0651
Go to Top of Page

Andrew Fock

Australia
374 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2024 :  00:02:48  Show Profile
Our deepest condolences to Anne, Jane and David from the PreWar Register in Australia.

Andrew

NA 0279
PA 1294
L2061
Go to Top of Page

Jamie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2024 :  03:17:23  Show Profile
Very sad news indeed….my deepest sympathy to the Allison family! Mike did so much for our community…..one of my heroes!

Jamie
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2024 :  07:54:17  Show Profile
Very sad to hear of Mike’s death . His contribution to the Triple M world is immeasurable. On a personal note , he introduced me to the Triple M clan in 1963 when l had the Lund PB . Good bye Mike you will be missed . Condolences to Anne and her family .
Go to Top of Page

chris Wallis

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2024 :  08:58:54  Show Profile
Sad news to hear of Mikes passing we all owe a great deal to what Mike did for the MMM world.My condolences to Anne and all the family, RIP Mike. Chris.

C L Wallis

Edited by - chris Wallis on 10/01/2024 09:03:46
Go to Top of Page

Digby

United Kingdom
133 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2024 :  09:28:23  Show Profile
CORRECTION: my apologies to Anne and family, I mis-typed the date in my haste to get the posting in place. It should be 6th January 2024.
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2534 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2024 :  10:05:31  Show Profile
So sad. I still have Mike's letter welcoming me to the Register back in the '60s. Fond memories also of visiting him on several occasions early this century and going off for lunch at various pubs in the Newbury area.
My thoughts are with Anne and the family.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

spatek

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2024 :  10:17:24  Show Profile
I understand that it was Mike that save the factory records of which many of us have copies, the first MG book I bought was The magic of MG by Mike Allison.
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6115 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2024 :  12:35:32  Show Profile
Another old friend gone, how sad. Mike and Anne were regular visitors to Norn Iron with his NA in the good old days and he did a lot of work on my J2 before he retired. I think we can say that without Mike, the Register wouldn’t be what it is today. His contribution in every way was enormous and I’ll miss our email discussions about Triple-M production matters and indeed all M.G. matters. Sandra and I send our sympathies and best wishes to Anne and the family and we’ll hope to make it over for the 'do' in April.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Mike Hughes

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2024 :  14:39:01  Show Profile
Like others, one of the first M.G. books I acquired many years ago when there weren't many to be had was The Magic of MG. It is the cornerstone upon which I have built a lifetime appreciation for all things M.G. including custodianship of diverse models of the marque ranging from 1933 to 1967. Some may remember the New England M.G. "T" Register organized a month-long "Circuit of Britain" tour in 1990. One of the highlights for me was finally meeting Mike Allison. He will be missed.

Mike Hughes
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2024 :  15:36:25  Show Profile
Oh dear very sad news indeed. Many happy memories of Mike going way back. Condolences to Anne, Jane and David. Terry.

TH
Go to Top of Page

Roger Cadogan

United Kingdom
493 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2024 :  16:25:29  Show Profile
Mike will be a sad loss to the MMM world, my lasting memory of him will be from my racing days driving with him and wondering if the bow tie was the recommended dress. My condolences to his family.

Roger
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm Eades

United Kingdom
379 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2024 :  17:33:29  Show Profile
RIP Mike. A kind and lovely man who always had time to talk MG. With his memories and experience, he was an irreplaceable resource, whose contributions to this forum were usually definitive.

Malcolm
M Type

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000