Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 F type clutch release bearing
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dbass

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  20:07:37  Show Profile
Can anyone help with a picture of an F type clutch bearing assembly, i have the carrier which is attached to the clutch pedal but i'm not sure if the bearing housing i have is correct as mine appears to have been modified at some point in it's history. Does the F type share this bearing housing/carrier with any other models.

Many Thanks
David

davies

United Kingdom
699 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  19:20:42  Show Profile
Good evening Dave, is this of any interest?. Not sure to what it belongs. Maybe someone knows. The bearing dia is 1 1/2 inch. Regards Rich

[imghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3351/3255379511_ffff1c5bf8.jpg][/img]
Go to Top of Page

davies

United Kingdom
699 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  19:29:15  Show Profile
Another 'photo to help identification- Rich
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3346/3256210716_f02bde2eeb.jpg
Go to Top of Page

Eric Taylor

France
157 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  19:50:35  Show Profile
Evening, David, here are a couple of scans I've taken from my manual.

Hope this helps. I think this setup is peculiar to the F type, i.e. not shared with any other model.

Regards, Eric.
Go to Top of Page

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  20:03:28  Show Profile
Eric's scans are from Blower and as far as I can see the F type assembly is identical to the J type one. The thrust release carrier therefore may well be the same, it looks the same from the photographs.

Robin

Go to Top of Page

John Reid

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  20:42:38  Show Profile
Richard,

A small point to help you with posting photos - you need to paste the URL in the gap between the two middle ][ of the Insert Image icon, and then the photo will appear.

John R
Go to Top of Page

dbass

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  20:58:53  Show Profile
Hello Rich.Eric and Robin

Thanks for the pictures, my carrier is definately correct but my bearing housing looks very similar to Erics Blower manual picture in figure 54, however mine has 3 slots "filed" into it where the clutch fingers locate, was this a known period modification done after the bearing seized to keep the car mobile ?.

Many Thanks
David
Go to Top of Page

Eric Taylor

France
157 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  21:20:04  Show Profile
Hi, everybody. My scans came from my copy of the F type owner's
manual.

Here's a photo of a J type assembly.

Just looked in my J manual and yes there are the same photos,but I'm sure they're not correct for the J. In fact there are quite a few photos you could identify as F type in the J manual!
Regarding the slots, it sounds like an impecunious/ desperate owner's bodge!

I think I bought a housing from Mike Dowley many years ago, don't know if they're still available.

Eric.
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  23:01:06  Show Profile
Assuming the F-type is using an ENV manual box, the release bearing carrier will not be the same as M.D,J, etc. I'm sorry, I don't have picture or dimensions. I do know that when I was looking for one about 7-8 years ago they were hard to find. i don't know if anyone is making new ones.

Edited by - kimber on 05/02/2009 23:01:23
Go to Top of Page

Mike Linward

United Kingdom
93 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  16:49:22  Show Profile
Unfortunately there are several pictures in Blower that purport to come from one model and in fact come from another and the same is true with some of the Instruction Manuals. From memory, the bronze clutch release bearing carrier is the same for F and J but the part that connects the bearing with the clutch fingers is much deeper on the ENV. I will now go down to my garage and extract the item from my ENV box and photograph it. Now where did I put those instructions...........?

Regards,

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Mike Linward

United Kingdom
93 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  17:26:38  Show Profile
With any luck, there should be at least one picture, possibly two, of the ENV thrust carrier with this posting. I bought it some time ago from S&V but in the interests of fair play, maybe you could try your favourite supplier.

I hope this helps

Mike
Go to Top of Page

dbass

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  20:40:12  Show Profile
Mike

Thanks for the pictures looks very similar to what i have, other than mines got slots. I'll try S & V on monday.

Many Thanks
David
Go to Top of Page

Jamie Dowley

United Kingdom
94 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  17:40:23  Show Profile
Hi David, yes we have the ENV bearing collar in stock. It is different to the J

Jamie (s&v)
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom