Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 P type door lock piping
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bob Prichard

United Kingdom
188 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  18:14:52  Show Profile
I am unsure how the piping is fitted round the striker plate on the Silent Travel Locks a detailed drawing or preferably photos would be very much appreciated.

Bob

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  21:22:50  Show Profile
Bob

When I dismantled my "original" PA in 1974 I noted that there was an elliptical shape machined into the vertical timber spar. The striker plate was fitted into this recess on top of a sandwich consisting of packing material of thin strips of rexine and very thin ply.

The piping ran down the spar, round and past the elliptical cutout.

The following picture gives only a rough idea of how it was but you'll need to strain your eyes to pick out the detail!

Regards
Dick Morbey, PA/B 0743

Edited by - DickMorbey on 06/02/2009 22:37:01
Go to Top of Page

mgtommm

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2009 :  03:59:29  Show Profile
Hi Bob,

Very simply, the piping runs down the latch post and the piping core is removed at the striker plate half round cut out in the wood. The piping needs to be opened up and the core nipped out exactly from the top of this half round notch to the bottom (only).

If the piping was supplied in three pieces this may be a good location for the splice.

From MG's I've seen with original piping this was standard practice from J2's through TF's. Even those wacky NB's with the hinges on the wrong end of the doors used this method !!

tommm
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000