Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Confusion,
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rodney Collins

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2009 :  14:56:23  Show Profile
We now have a general information forum and a techinal forum. Are we not still all using the general forum for technical questions? In which case is there any point in having two forums?
Rodney

tapope

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2009 :  07:44:25  Show Profile
I am also re-engaging in the forum after a couple years away... and wondering why there is a general forum that discusses technical info and a technical forum that discusses general info. I suppose there would be no harm in consolidating the 2 forums?

Tom Pope
1931 Midget
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2009 :  13:01:33  Show Profile
I thought we had a discussion about this a while back and decided not to have a seperate technical section, as we enjoyed the mix. What happened?

Mike L
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1564 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2009 :  18:16:28  Show Profile
Well.............it's different strokes for different folks!

We all look in all the forum 'folders' so I don't see any problem splitting the 'general' from the 'technical'; can't see that it's a significant issue.
Let's give it a few months........who knows, may be we'll get better at distinguishing what's technical what's not!

Bruce. (PB0564)

Edited by - Bruce Sutherland on 15/02/2009 18:17:18
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2009 :  20:24:54  Show Profile
I think the main problem is that people are posting messages in the wrong forum. I have looked at the last twenty postings in the 'General Information Forum' and at least half of them should be in the 'Technical Information Forum'. There are always going to be questions that are on the border line as to which forum they should be asked.

Another problem is that some discussions digress from the original topic, this can not be avoided.

Bruce is correct when he says, ôLetÆs give it a few monthsàà.who knows, may be weÆll get better at distinguishing whatÆs technical whatÆs not!ö

Peter.

Go to Top of Page

Robbie

Netherlands
60 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2009 :  17:05:26  Show Profile
Also the forum is very good I do not understand why we maintain a seperate website while we have an excellent site of MGCC. This is much more interactive and is replying you with e-mail when tehre is additonal info on your item.

Can you please explain why this is kept seperate?

Regards, Rob

Rob L2006, The Netherlands
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
653 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2009 :  15:51:00  Show Profile
Keep MMM website to itself!!!!!!!!
Who needs to know about the intricacies of TF chrome windbreaks?? etc etc.
I am sure that MGCC website is excellent [I suppose I must get round to looking at it one day] - but this is our private little domain and long may it survive.
Go to Top of Page

bahnisch

Australia
674 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2009 :  11:13:36  Show Profile
Tony, You are spot-on as usual! Will meet up again at Silverstone one day!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000