Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 dustbins & fags
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gsrun

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2009 :  23:59:02  Show Profile
Being newish to all this computer stuff - could someone enlighten me as to why my postings appear with 3 little logos in the right hand column not just one like everyone else? I seem to get a dustbin and a cigarette at an angle as well as the thing everybody gets. Is it just to tell others that I'm new?

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1564 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2009 :  00:16:00  Show Profile
Graham, what a hoot............'dustbin and fags'! I'll be interested in the webmaster's reply.
Go to Top of Page

Brian Kelly

USA
526 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2009 :  04:22:30  Show Profile
Hi Graham,

Thankfully this is a non smoking forum. The "fag" icon is actually a pencil.

The dustbin icon is to delete the posting.

If you slide your cursor/arrow on these icons you have the option firstly to edit your posting and secondly to delet the posting.

Relax, no conspiracy.

Brian.

Edited by - Brian Kelly on 18/02/2009 04:29:42
Go to Top of Page

gsrun

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2009 :  08:22:31  Show Profile
Thanks for the explanation Brian - my dustbins have now vanished but my 'pencils' remain - unlike all other postings! Sorry to be so ignorant.
Graham
Go to Top of Page

Rodney Collins

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2009 :  09:51:01  Show Profile
Graham, don't belive a word of what you have read above, the dustbin was there for people like me who write rubbish, as you click on the "post new reply", the pencil puts a line through your scribblings and it falls into the dustbin!It has happened to me soooo many times that I know!

Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2009 :  13:21:00  Show Profile
Hi Graham
dustbins & fags - luv it! It never ceases to amaze me that two people can look at the same thing and see something quite different!
The reason you see more icons on your posts that you you see on the posts of others is because you can edit (fag) and delete (dustbin) your own posts but your cannot do either of those things to posts that you have not made.
Nick (webmaster)
Go to Top of Page

Rodney Collins

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2009 :  14:20:36  Show Profile
Nick, are you saying that ITS POSSIBLE TO delete or edit a posting after its been posted?

Rodney

yep ut works!

Edited by - Rodney Collins on 19/02/2009 09:23:16
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1564 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2009 :  15:27:11  Show Profile
Rodney, as Nick says any postings you have made you can go back and edit/update/correct spelling mistakes........I've frequently used it for the latter!
For example, you will see that those who have listed a number of parts for sale go back and update their original posting to identify parts which have been SOLD. You can go back and update a posting multiple times.............. so you'll be able to edit your 'rubbish'. Aaaaahhh, the wonders of modern science!

A tip for composing and editing and spell-checking a posting: - 1st compose using MS Word, get it right there and use the automatic spell-checker, then go to 'Edit' (top left of screen) and from the drop-down box click on 'select all' (this highlights all your now pristine edited text), 'Ctrl + C' this (copies all that is highlighted).
You then go into your new posting 'window' and 'Ctrl + V' - this pastes what you've copied directly into the posting, check all's OK in 'Preview', then 'post new reply'.

Bruce. (PB0564)
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
653 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2009 :  15:55:40  Show Profile
I wish that more peeple wud go bak an chek there spellins - I thought that us oldies were the ones that had a proper edukashun
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2009 :  17:35:55  Show Profile
Hi Rodney
Yes, both of us can (the word 'you" can be so confusing!)
Nick
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1564 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2009 :  18:02:58  Show Profile
Glad see your whole-hearted agreement, Tony...........as always action is optonal to any suggestions offered!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000