Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Radiator Repairers
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2009 :  23:06:59  Show Profile
Can anyone recommend a radiator repairer preferably in the southern half of the country who has recently accurately replaced a core and repaired a triple M radiator ?

TH

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1564 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2009 :  00:02:48  Show Profile
Terry, I have had my P Type radiator re-cored by Vintage Wings & Radiators - http://www.vintagewingsandradiators.co.uk/ - and they appear to have done a good job with a totally new original core; not cheap but see below:
Before:

After:

Hope ths helps.

Bruce. (PB0564)

Edited by - Bruce Sutherland on 20/03/2009 13:15:30
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2159 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2009 :  00:37:44  Show Profile
Terry

Try Tony Wilder in Garforth, Leeds. He knows MMM rads very well and is currently sorting a J type one. I am about to contact him to give him one of ours to sort

If you need his details then email me direct

Regards

Rich Hardy
Go to Top of Page

etlanpa

United Kingdom
560 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2009 :  11:52:27  Show Profile
If it's a complete rebuild & recore (using original type core), then these guys are superb (but very busy!):

Star Engineering, Garth Farm, Usk Road, Caerleon, Nr. Newport, South Wales.NP18 1LQ
John Underwood .
01633 423915.

If it's just repairs or recore, then Anglo European Radiators in Farnham (Surrey) are also very good & very reasonably priced.
Go to Top of Page

Mike Linward

United Kingdom
93 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2009 :  09:52:15  Show Profile
I have had work done on my N radiator, including a complete re-core, by Hornet Radiators (they are based in Watford, hence the name - nothing to do with Wolseley). Their web site is http://www.hornet-radiators.co.uk/introduction.htm
The firm is run as a one man band and he is getting on a bit and was talking about retiring when I had my work done but it is worth a try.

Regards,

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Orstin

United Kingdom
637 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2009 :  12:04:07  Show Profile
You could add Gerry Marshall, Anglia Radiators, Stanley Rd, Cambridge to this list. Excellent chap - has recored a couple of A7s for me but will do anything (and has an amazing photgraphic record to prove it) Another accolade is the Battle of Britain flight and many other vintage planes would not be flying without his handywork...

hope that helps

Hugh

So many dynamos
Go to Top of Page

Richard Le Flufy

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2009 :  14:19:21  Show Profile
Terry
I bought a new core from Vintage Car Radiator Company Ltd (www.vintagecarradiatorcompany.co.uk) 01327 830936 and it is presently being fitted by Rayson Radiators(Yeovil) Ltd (www.raysons.com) 01935 471474. They are experienced with mmm cars, (Barry Foster and Dave Cooksey use them).
Yet to see the result (or bill) as they are having to convert from hoses on the wrong side from when the Fxxd engine being fitted.
Richard

RLF
Go to Top of Page

Tamara

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  22:59:34  Show Profile
Roy at Hornet Radiators in Watford has just done one of mine. ú675, new honeycomb V shaped core, repairing old headers.

Thoroughly recommended; and I dont say that very often...

Tamara.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000