Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Dimensions and parts info
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Robbie

Netherlands
60 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  12:59:09  Show Profile
Where on this website do we have MMM parts information. It would be beneficial for me if I do know the bearing type or dimension for rearwheel (hub) of L2006. This is a single row bearing.
Might be nice to share this info in some kind of database. If you know type or size please inform me.

Regards,

Rob L2006, The Netherlands

John James

United Kingdom
963 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2009 :  10:20:43  Show Profile
Robbie,

6208 is the single row (6208ZZ, with 2 dust shields)

M208ZZ (could be listed as 1208ZZ) is the heavy duty alternative and well worth the extra.

Both are obtainable from Roger Furneaux at Silverstone and you probably won't find better prices.

While you are about it I suggest you buy some of Roger's special rear hub nuts with built in seals and if you really want the best, buy some of his tapered half shafts. I have fitted all these parts to my PB.

Roger's e-mail address is roger.46tc@virgin.net

He can be contacted via the 'T' Register stand at Silverstone - I am going to tie a piece of string to one of his ankles so that I can retrieve him if he wanders too far from the stand.

Regards,

JOHN JAMES (PB0722, J3656 & TC0750)
Go to Top of Page

Robbie

Netherlands
60 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2009 :  16:03:11  Show Profile
Thanks for your info. Just to make sure it means this bearing is metric dimension, 40*80*18mm for L2 car.

Rob L2006, The Netherlands
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
963 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2009 :  18:17:32  Show Profile
Yes, those measurements are correct.

It has been suggested to me that M208 is not a heavy duty bearing, but to quote Roger, who has spent a lifetime setting up beam axle T-Type rear axles "The heavy duty, or "max-load" M208 is more than enough for most people"

There is also a split race bearing QJ208, which I suppose is the 'Rolls Royce' of the three, but it is pretty expensive. I have a new one somewhere if anybody is interested (and more importantly, if I can find it!)

Sports & Vintage stock all three bearings.
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1566 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  18:25:01  Show Profile
For info. Simply Bearings - http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/index.php - have 6 variants of QJ208 (40 x 80 x 18mm) bearing listed at ú44.05 to 60.92 (ex VAT) in addition to numerous variants of bearing 6208.

Bruce. (PB0564)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000