Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Do you recognise this MG PA?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

powerplus

United Kingdom
599 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2009 :  20:14:51  Show Profile

I have recently acquired the above PA for restoration and am seeking information on its earlier life.

The car has been dismantled since the 1960's when it spent some time at the rear of Phoenix Motors in Woodbury, Devon. At that time it is believed to have been in the ownership of Bernie Williamson who carried out some restoration on the car. In 1967 he sold the car to the last owner in whose ownership it has remained until my recent purchase.

The steel upright sections welded to the front of the chassis rails suggest the addition of different shock absorbers, or maybe a different engine. Also the drilling of the brake (and accelerator pedal- not on the photograph) to reduce weight might perhaps indicate some competition history. The radiator which came with the car is a PB which has alternate slats removed - it may then have appeared to be a PB previously. The radiator core had been renewed by Serck of St Austell. These special features may enable someone to recognise the car from the 50/60s probably in the Devon/Cornwall area. Did it perhaps compete in trials there?

If anyone can shed any light on this car or have any photographs of it I shall be most grateful if they could contact me either on the Forum or to my e-mail address through the Forum.

Thanks,
Alan Whitham.

John Reid

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2009 :  10:31:15  Show Profile
Alan,

Have you contacted Bob Clare with the chassis number to see if he has any history on the Register files?

John R
Go to Top of Page

powerplus

United Kingdom
599 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2009 :  10:54:23  Show Profile
John,
Thank you for your suggestion.
At this point the identity is unclear and I am exploring several routes to establish some facts.
Any help will be most welcome!
Alan
Go to Top of Page

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2009 :  12:49:00  Show Profile
Hi Alan

It looks identical to a chassis that Terry Bone had for sale a few months ago, perhaps he has some history unless you've already tried him.

Regards

Robin

Go to Top of Page

powerplus

United Kingdom
599 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2009 :  15:16:49  Show Profile
Hi Robin,
Thanks for your comment.
You're right this is the car,and my commentary above covers all the relevant information available.
I am hoping that someone may be able to recall the car before it went into hibernation over 40 years ago!
Regards,
Alan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000