Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 P Type bodies
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cymber

United Kingdom
966 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2009 :  22:24:13  Show Profile
I have recently taken delivery of a new body frame from Rique Llinares and find that there are slight differences in construction between it and my original body which are not a problem. I seem to remember that there were two body suppliers, was it Carbodies and A N Other? Are these differences due to Rique's body being a copy of one type and my original being the other? He says that he believes his bodies are a copy of the most commonly used original. My car is PA 2023 which is a late one so which type is it likely to be?

Maurice Blakey.

Edited by - Cymber on 22/06/2009 22:25:32

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2009 :  11:04:19  Show Profile
Hi Maurice

I was speaking to Peter Prosser at the recent Summer Gathering, he owns the two delightful and immaculate KN saloons.

Both bodies were refurbished by the same firm who commented on the differences between the construction of the two frames. Apparantly the main structure was the same but there are many variations in the detail. I guess the same may applly to all of our cars? Characteristics of hand built cars!

Regards George
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000