Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Any one in Wiltshire with an M-Type?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dave Hall

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2010 :  18:49:58  Show Profile
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply, I will give you a call as I am still in need of some inspiration to get properly started. It would be great to see an 'M' type up and running and you don't live to far away. In fact just down the road from where I used to live in West Moors and also near to my father in law who lives in Colehill.

Apologies to everyone else who has replied, I will try and make contact, I have just been caught up with family life recently and house DIY!

It is brilliant to receive encouragement from other MG owners.

Thanks,

Dave
M-Type 2M 3248
Go to Top of Page

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2010 :  11:49:53  Show Profile
Hurry up chaps they have to be ready for the "Beggars Roost +80" at the end of May. Come anyway and see where all the bits go.
Mine is is Devon, so come and have a look.
Cheers, Mike
Go to Top of Page

sas

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2010 :  13:34:55  Show Profile
Hello Dave,
I am in Hampshire and i note your M is 2M 3248.
I am guessing it is metal bodied, and according to the MMM 2008 edition does not feature. Is this because it is one of the cars which the register know of but was deleted because it had not been seen for so long.
Anyway, mine is 2M 3250, metal body, intact, but not actually running at the present. It has not been tampered with for over 50 years and i believe is remarkably original. This makes it the nearest survivor to your own, based on chassis number.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Hall

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2010 :  17:44:52  Show Profile
Hi Sean,

I joined the register in November 2008, so that is why it doesn't appear in the 2008 one, but it is in the 2009 version, just above yours.
Before that the car was not known to the register although it has been in the family since 1949!
It is metal bodied, black with green interior and we think green wheels.

All complete just needs a bit of putting back together!

Both cars must have been on the production line at the same time!

Dave

Dave
M-Type 2M 3248
Go to Top of Page

davies

United Kingdom
699 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2010 :  15:37:23  Show Profile
Do these two metal bodied late M Types have a hand throttle? and any chance of a photo of the choke knob on the dash? many thanks -Rich
Go to Top of Page

Dave Hall

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2010 :  19:57:33  Show Profile
Hi Rich,

Mine has a fast idle adjustment knob next to the choke, a sort of hand throttle?
There is already a picture of it under the topic 'M type carb' in the technical information forum.
The below link refers to this topic.

Let me know if you need any further info or pictures.

http://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3581

Dave
M-Type 2M 3248
Go to Top of Page

sas

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2010 :  19:36:53  Show Profile
Hello Richard and Dave,

Have just checked my M arrangement and she has only the choke, certainly no throttle arrangement.
However, visually it appears similar to Daves with 2 holes, the left is vacant with the choke through the right hand.

Regards,
Sean
Go to Top of Page

davies

United Kingdom
699 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2010 :  11:50:37  Show Profile
So far then it would appear that on the late metal bodied M Types the choke and slow running knobs were mounted in a bracket attached to the underside of the dashboard.Having said that, the bracket shown in Dave's photo looks a bit modern! What do you think Sam? Regards Richard
Go to Top of Page

sas

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2010 :  17:40:53  Show Profile
Good afternoon Richard,

Maybe you are correct, it certainly looks more retro than 2M 3250, think mine is bakelite or similar.
However and more crucially it has dawned on me that my throttle control is attached to and under the steering wheel, easy to operate and manipulate.

Bear in mind i acquired her in early 2008 and the previous owner had her from about 1960 ish. I have not touched her in the intervening 30 months, except for work on the carb, and she remains intact but laid up whilst i get my J2215 up together. I have until next June, and have been a very busy boy today.
I am but a mere amateur, there is so much to learn on this forum from many learned individuals. So bravo to them all and there willingness to share their knowledge.

Adieu.
Sean
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000