Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Goodwood Sprint 2009
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

peterfenichel

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  09:20:44  Show Profile
Good day out as others have said in spite of the really terrible weather in the morning. Drying towards the afternoon but I still managed a huge slide and spin coming out of St. Marys... just got the power down too early for the wet track conditions. Not overall a very impressive display. Was over 20 seconds slower all in all against my normal lap times which tells something about the conditons. Was about 159 seconds with the spin, 139 on the final run, against my handicap (in the dry) of 122.5!
Now bedding down for the winter...

Peter Fenichel
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  09:41:44  Show Profile
Hi Peter, That must of been entertaining, St Marys was hairy to say the least! The PB just wanted to go straight on round there! How did you get on with the old elgibility committee? Good to meet you on sat. Mark

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

peterfenichel

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  11:09:09  Show Profile
The MG guy that had a real eligibility problem at Goodwood was Howard Harman in his PA/PB as he was selected for an eligibility "inspection" and seems to have failed... owing to extra cross members on his chassis which the VSCC obviously does not like as they say are not representative of period MG construction. My reading of the rules would make his P a Special; which it is currently classified. What the Club is now saying is that the car is deemed ineligible (I gather they considered his chassis a more modern design). I suspect Howard will appeal.
I've had no reply yet to my eligibility letter, albeit only sent last week to the VSCC asking for a re-classification of my K Special as a K1/s Modified. The basis of my appeal is a bit of recent further reseach by me on my car and helpful advice from Charles Jones as to the origin of seveal bits on my car which I assumed "Special" (front axle and brakes) which are actually period "modifications" in design. I suspect this will take some time to resolve. If successful it will be fun to race within the Standard/Modified class next year after quite a few years trying to keep up with all those Special Rileys, Astons, etc.!!

Peter Fenichel
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  11:21:05  Show Profile
Thats a shame, it really is a bit of a minefield! All the best and see out out there again next season!

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

ajc

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  12:05:25  Show Profile
Re my 'extra' eligibility inspection...I passed, though with comment on the allen key bolts, all one hundred of them on the hydraulic brakes, 'either fill them in or replace them', though the other chap said they were ok as many people have them. We have the same brakes I think Peter, from Charles Jones..and they also spied a plastic pipe on the supercharger which i must replace by next time...i didn't even see that one.....'just cut it off' was the comment.....thought i would take some extra advice on that one before proceeding....though clearly a very knowledgeable chap doing the inspection.

I was complemented on my original narrow track L type front axel .... 'much nicer than those ERA copies you see on some......', and they didn't blink about all the rusty nylocs i spotted earlier in the week........

So, still a special....wonder whose front axel they were talking about.......? Looking for a wider one.....

And yes St Marys was entertaining, as well as the chicane, esp as i had caught up the chap in front just a he spun in the chicane....they were most kind in speeding me back to the front again for another go, trailing the ERAs, as I had clearly been obstructed by the spinner....

Edited by - ajc on 26/10/2009 14:48:39
Go to Top of Page

peterfenichel

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  17:04:00  Show Profile
Adrian... when I'm home later tonight I'll eamil you a copy of the eligibility letter I sent to the VSCC which has a better explanation around the issues of the Brakes and Axle, etc. What were in period modifications to K3's and like race cars and what are more recent "Special" additions.

Peter Fenichel
Go to Top of Page

ajc

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2009 :  08:08:42  Show Profile
Ah, thank you very much...will read with interest......

Go to Top of Page

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2009 :  17:39:21  Show Profile
Re Marks comment posted on 26th!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: