Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Fabulous Photo Archive
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  09:16:38  Show Profile
I found this yesterday, during an idle few minutes, which turned into an hour or so of viewing. If you've not seen this before, there's plenty of lovely stuff I've certainly not seen before, including plenty MMM historicals.

http://www.brooklandsarchives.com/index.htm

Regards

Robin

BobRichards RIP

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  11:10:56  Show Profile
Thanks for the tip Robin, that's a wonderful source of photos.

I found plenty of MG pictures on Gallery ES. It's a pity that many photos have no captions, I wonder if it would be permissible to copy some MG ones to this web site and have them identified by our experts?
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  12:09:15  Show Profile
Hello,

In galleries E and M you'll find most M.G. pics. E is for Evans and Eyston, M for M.G.

Happy browsing!

Cheers,
Cathelijne Spoelstra

Go to Top of Page

Cymber

United Kingdom
966 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  21:17:45  Show Profile
An interesting collection of photographs but what a pity we are not told what they are. What are the two London Rally cars BLL 492 & 493 shown in E5?

Maurice Blakey.
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  22:58:44  Show Profile
Those are two NA trial cars belonging to the Evans family.

Lew Palmer
Registrar, NAMMMR
Go to Top of Page

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  10:58:13  Show Profile
I noticed that "This website is as yet incomplete and is intended for reference purposes only" so there may well be more to come. A lot of the images are very low resolution and in need of tidying up due to poor scanning and damaged originals, both of which can be fixed with a little effort. I will contact the Society, it would be great to see them added to the MMM site and full descriptions completed. I'm not too sure on the copyright issue but 50 years is the general rule I believe.

Regards

Robin
Go to Top of Page

Cymber

United Kingdom
966 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  21:04:13  Show Profile
Thanks Lew.

Maurice.
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  17:05:52  Show Profile
The pics were on the Society's website a couple of years ago and then disappeared. They returned about 6 months ago , then disappeared again. Now, with their new website, they are apparently back to stay, but I don't think any have been added over the years. This is still the same bunch, the line is also still the same. I have tried e-mailing to admin@blabla about two weeks ago, but have had no reply so far. Perhaps you can try some of the other contacts on the website, Robin?

Cheers,
Cathelijne

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000