Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Question of originality No3
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Terry Andrews

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  12:14:21  Show Profile
Both the Jaeger 2 inch oil and water gauges have a single semi-circle radial line with little triangular markers. I know the scales are non-linier but why are they different to the other Jaeger gauges which have 2 semi-circle lines with lines across for scale divisions. I.e. they look like railway tracks?

Any ideas or have I answered my own question?

Regards….. Terry

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  14:50:57  Show Profile

My brown-faced oil-pressure gauge has the railway-track approach, as do the clock and rev-counter, while the brown-faced oil- and water-temperature gauges have the single line and triangles,

The 1966 fascia photograph in PA 0603's History File seems to show corresponding faces but, sadly, the 1943 and 1959 photos are indistinct in that respect, but do show the boost gauge, now missing.

Presumably it could depend on what years one's original, or replacement, gauges are.
Go to Top of Page

Terry Andrews

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  16:50:58  Show Profile
Bob,

My point is if you look at original factory photos of the cars when new they are as I have described. The temperature gauges are different to the others. The instrument restores also reproduce this as well. There must be a reason and the only thing I can think of is the non-liner scale. However, this could still be represented by the ôtrain trackö style. On T types the instruments just have bars and the temperature gauges look the same font and style as the other gauges and the non liner scale is accommodated.

My original question still stands, why have two different font presentations on instruments fitted to a P on N at the same time? It offends the eye.

Regardsà.. Terry
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  02:34:59  Show Profile
I have just finished producing a number of dial face overlays in a medium weight vinyl. These have been printed in a medium dark brown shade for the PA/NA tach, oil pressure, and ammeter, along with the PB/NB tach, speedo, ammeter, and oil pressure. I also have the oil pressure and ammeter faces in black. I will be offering them soon on ebay, or will make them available to members.

Contact me off list.

Lew Palmer
Registrar, NAMMMR
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000