Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Triple-M Registrar
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bob Clare

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2010 :  17:28:18  Show Profile
Those of you who read Safety Fast will already know that, after 10 years as Triple-M Registrar I intend to retire at the Register AGM on 7th. March. I've had a really fascinating 10 year stint but business pressures have increased and anyway it's best to quit while you're:- still keen/competent/ahead/not up to it any more - take your pick.

Anyone who fancies this most interesting job, please contact George Eagle (geaglemgl2@dsl.pipex.com) or e-mail me direct on 100570.2213@compuserve.com and I'll forward you a job description.

It may well be that with 3,510 cars now on the Register, the Registrar's job might benefit from having a team of two rather than just one. That's something we can discuss of course.

Bob Clare

LewPalmer

USA
3242 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2010 :  23:47:51  Show Profile
Bummer, Bob! As your counterpart on the left bank of the big pond, I've enjoyed your support. You've done a sterling job and leave an awfully big pair of shoes to fill.

Cheers!

Lew Palmer
Registrar, NAMMMR
Go to Top of Page

Bob Clare

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  00:15:52  Show Profile
Sorry folks, the date of the Triple-M Register AGM will be 13th. March, not 7th. March so I get to serve for another 7 days.
Bob Clare
Registrar until then
Go to Top of Page

Bob Clare

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2010 :  23:58:48  Show Profile
At today's AGM of the Triple-M Register, Robin Hamblett was duly elected Registrar. I therefore, as planned, retired immediately.

Please direct all matter relating to the Register to Robin from now on. His address and other contact details are:

21 Rosemary Gardens, Thatcham, Berkshire RG18 4BA, England.
Tel: 01635 292456, e-mail: robin.hamblett@gmail.com.

My thanks go to all those who have helped me do the Registrar's job over the last 10 years. It's been great fun and I've made a host of good friends. I'm sure you'll do the same for Robin.

Bob Clare
Go to Top of Page

bahnisch

Australia
674 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2010 :  11:04:56  Show Profile
Bob, As a member in the antipodes I would like to express my sincere appereciation for all you have done to further the prewar MG cause. You have left the movement in a very healthy state, perhaps never healthier, and best wishes to Robin who will take up the baton! I know how much time and dedication that jobs like this entail!
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2010 :  14:35:13  Show Profile
Bob: Many thanks for a job well done. Very best wishes to Robin who will, I'm sure, be a worthy successor. Ray.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2010 :  17:06:37  Show Profile
As a relatively new member, one of the first MMMers you get to know is Bob. And a very helpful guy he was/is when you are still trying to work out which end is the front.

Bob thank you for helping me into the world of MMM and good luck for your strees free future.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Dave Hall

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2010 :  13:19:06  Show Profile
Bob,

You were brilliant when I first joined the register, a real inspiration!
Thanks for all of your help and the information you passed to me.

Enjoy your retirement!

Also a big welcome to Robin, who I am sure I will also be in contact with!

Dave
M-Type 2M 3248
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000