Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Original Owner Handbooks?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  09:29:03  Show Profile
I know this is always debateable but any ideas / clues on what an Original PB owners handbook would be worth? Was this a standard document issued to all new cars and owners by the factory? Thanks Mark

Mark Dolton

Edited by - Dolts on 09/02/2010 09:35:46

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  15:20:09  Show Profile
Mark,

I will not answer your first question, but as you would expect the answer does depend on its condition. Yes the owners handbook (Instruction Manual) was issued with new cars.

Peter.
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  16:33:03  Show Profile
Thanks Peter

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Gerhard Maier

Germany
873 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  18:56:47  Show Profile
It seems as if there was a card issued as below with every car, and after the dealer or owner had completed this card, and sent back to Abingdon, the free Instruction Book was forwarded.
Gerhard
Go to Top of Page

bahnisch

Australia
674 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  22:21:53  Show Profile
Gerhard, You are quite right, this practice continued at least into the TC era, I have seen one of those cards for a TC. In answer to the original question, I have seen handbooks in reasonable condition at Silverstone for about 50 pounds (some time ago, perhaps they have gone up?). I purchased one for my F-type there but it was in almost new condition and I paid 70 pounds. As a matter of interest I got a new M-type one from a friend (it had been given to him as a boy in the UK from a family friend, I think), it was for the "helmet" wing car like mine and I gave him $AUS100.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000