Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG logo court ruling
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

phil

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2010 :  11:40:15  Show Profile
Just thought I'd post this link to BBC news.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hereford/worcs/8525609.stm
Dont know if its of any interest, but I did wonder how that effects suppliers of vintage octagon badges.
Phil.

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2010 :  14:23:26  Show Profile
Phil,

I have found this on 'Wikipedia' which explains some of the background.

"MG Sports and Racing Europe Limited is a British automotive company based in Eardiston, Tenbury Wells in Worcestershire. The company was founded by William Riley, who acquired the rights to the MG XPower brand after the demise of MG Rover with the intention of restarted production of the MG XPower SV sportscar. The company was registered on 29 January 2007.

Riley's use of the "MG" trademark resulted in a legal dispute with Nanjing Automobile (Group) Corporation, which had also acquired assets of the defunct MG Rover Group.

In December 2009, it was reported in the press that no new cars had been manufactured by MG Sports and Racing Europe since its founding, and that employment tribunal proceedings had been initiated by two employees for non-payment of wages. Riley was also arrested by police in 2009 on suspicion of theft of an XPower WR car previously sold to a Canadian businessman who had been working on behalf of the company."

Peter.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000