Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG/P-type rocker cover & water inlet manifold
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lordrob

Belgium
225 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  09:58:17  Show Profile
I have a P-type rocker cover which looks a little different then the usual one and I wonder if someone could recognise it or knows more about it ? It has all the usual numbers cast on the inside but there are no MG crests on the 2 air-vents on top of the cover nor on the octagonal nut fot tightening the oil filler lid and this filler lid has a different shape with flat surface (no recession)and the small brass patent plate is also missing.There has been a small hole from approx.5/8" between oil filler and one air-vent,but this is filled now (see pic). I've been told that this particular rocker cover might have been used during the 1934 London Motor show, it looks all original though, maybe some sort of "prototype" or so ? Anyway maybe there's someone out there who knows anything more about it ? Water manifold other topic !

lordrob

Oz34

United Kingdom
2538 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  19:23:50  Show Profile
Hi Roby,
No comment on the cam box but my water manifold is the same. A.E. Witham was an MG garage in Hersham near Walton on Thames in Surrey. They went out of business some time in the '70s or '80s although Barry Witham is still active in, I think, the SVW Register. I guess P water manifolds went NLA at some stage & long before Mike Dowley & people were around they had a batch made.
Cheers,
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Keith Wallace

United Kingdom
367 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  07:32:15  Show Profile
My PB has a simular hole between the oil filler and air vent, when I first bought the car a metal 6 sided about 4" long bar was fitted, with a small hole through the center which did not apear to go right through the column, I had assumed it was connected with a blower once fitted to the car.

Edited by - Keith Wallace on 30/04/2010 08:27:10
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000