Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 P type Seat mounting
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rodney Collins

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2005 :  09:11:44  Show Profile
Monday morning and I ache all over first I did a 15 mile bike ride ( doing a triathlon In November for charity) then spent the day trying to make the new floorboards and trim fit! Funny you take the old floorboards out cut the new ones to the same diamention but they don't fit!! Well they do now, after much swaring and far too much caffiene! So Monday morning and nothing works ( my body that is.)Heres the Question, I tryed to buy the plates that fix to the floor that the rear seat pegs slot into. Nobody has them but I could get some made up with out any problem. I need to know the diamentions and how far apart the holes are. If some kind sole out there could take pity on a broken bodied P type restoring nutter, and post the details I would be most gratfull..

Regards to you all Rodney

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2005 :  17:13:12  Show Profile
Rodney,

My PA has the rear sear fixings you describe. I will be home next on Wednesday evening and will measure them for you then - unless someone else gets in first!

Regards
Dick
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2005 :  20:33:15  Show Profile
Rodney

I'm now back home and have measured the metal reinforcing strips on my floorboards.

Like many things MG, these are not precision made, but I make the sizes as follows:

Length 5 inches
Width 1 inch
They are drilled with 5 holes of 3/8 inch diameter, starting half and inch from the end of the strip, each being at one inch centres.

They are approx 1/16 inch thick - or maybe a bit thicker.

Hope this helps

Regards
Dick Morbey

Edited by - DickMorbey on 20/04/2005 20:45:59
Go to Top of Page

Rodney Collins

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2005 :  21:46:37  Show Profile
Thanks Dick they will be made tomorrow.

Rodney
Go to Top of Page