Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Torque Talk
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2005 :  11:16:58  Show Profile
I need to check/re-tighten the head nuts on the PB, I have ordered a Crow Foot Spanner, can anyone please advise the correct torque figure. I think judging by the stud diameter about 35lbs should be about right, also by using the crow foot with an extension and torque wrench does this alter the required setting due to extra leverage, about 25mm from centre of stud to centre of vertical extension??

Many Thanks, John Stringer PB0360

Nick Feakes

USA
3378 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2005 :  08:46:39  Show Profile
John
from where did you order the spanner?
Nick
Go to Top of Page

John

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2005 :  09:23:16  Show Profile
Nick, Britool or Snap On offer these ,prices range between ú13 and ú8.Their web pages give details and contact numbers.

Also cheaper far eastern manufactures do sets, usually on the tool stands at auto jumbles, but usually heavier profile, and not 12 point.
My local Britool stockist also gave a good discount.I take delivery later this week so will report back.
Go to Top of Page

Paul G

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2005 :  20:18:27  Show Profile
This is my first visit to the Forum and I was going to raise a similar point. I'm sure that if you consider the accuracy and repeatability of the tool and the effects of lubricants, plating etc on the threads, that inch is not likely to matter.

If I can expand your topic slightly - I am just about to fit the head on my J2 so if anyone can confirm the same torque figure I would be grateful. Also, any recommendation of a crowsfoot or similar, tried on a J2 welcomed.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000