Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 P type front wing stays
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Oz34

United Kingdom
2567 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2010 :  00:10:31  Show Profile
I asked Jamie Dowley today if they did the Silentbloc bushes at the bottom of the wing stays & unfortunately they don't. Has anyone come up with a replacement idea for this?

In hope,

Dave

Nick Feakes

USA
3407 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2010 :  01:49:17  Show Profile
Dave
I have found rubber bushes that fit. Not silentbloc. They are intended as replacement shock absorber bushes. Let me know if you are interested.
Nick

The difference between theory and practice is that in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
Go to Top of Page

Robin Macmillan

United Kingdom
415 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2010 :  09:25:58  Show Profile
I sourced some from Anti-Vibration Methods (Rubber)Co. Ltd, www.antivibrationmethods.co.uk. I used 2 of their B602/2 in each stay and needed to cut a few mm off .... my replacement stays had a slightly smaller ID than the original so I would suggest measuring the dimensions and then seeing if they have someting suitable for your particular stays. I suspect they will have something

robin
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1579 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2010 :  21:29:53  Show Profile
The P Type front wing stays I bought from S&V last autumn came fitted with Metalastic-type rubber bushes.

Bruce. (PB0564)
Go to Top of Page

mgptype

United Kingdom
709 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2010 :  21:41:28  Show Profile
Dave,

Try Sports Car Metal Works, www.sportscarmetalworks.com
Michael Beakhouse makes the P type wing stays and may help you out with the bottom bushes.

Fred..
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2567 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2010 :  09:52:36  Show Profile
Thanks for all suggestions.

Robin I guessed yours might suit me best ( the link by the way is .com if anyone else wishes to go there). Very useful looking firm but unfortunately my stays are original & nothing seemed to match all criteria.

Fred & Bruce, I imagine the same problem will arise as I expect Robin's & S&V's originally came from "Metal Mickey" & certainly, as I said, Jamie said he can't help.

Nick, I'd be very grateful if you were to give details of your bushes as they seem the way to go.

Cheers,

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Cymber

United Kingdom
966 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2010 :  21:12:30  Show Profile
Nearly 40 years ago I had a BMW Isetta as commuter transport, yes really! It had Silentbloc/Metalastic bushes as steering joints which I renovated by making a tapered mandrel and pushing the original inner steel sleeve through a piece of thick walled rubber hose inserted into the outer sleeve using washing up liquid. I am sure this method would work in this case especially as the bushes are static. The only problem might be obtaining hose of the correct size. Not all rubber bushes were bonded, from memory Metalastic were and Silentbloc were not.

Maurice Blakey.

Edited by - Cymber on 20/05/2010 21:13:55
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000