Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Where are they now ?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tholden

United Kingdom
1639 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2010 :  23:37:33  Show Profile
Rather prompted by Jeremys last post I wonder if anybody has any knowledge of the whereabouts of the following 2 cars or whether they may wish to make similar postings looking for cars they once owned.

The first car I would like to know about is my first MG J2 purchased circa 1962. I pulled this car to bits and sort of rebuilt it in my fathers drive then passed my driving test in it. It was a late swept wing car reg number MG2819. It was a around until the 70.s and was then I think sold overseas. Unfortunately I do not remember the chassis number.

The second car is a 1936 PB which I owned and rebuilt in the mid 70.s. It is featured on the front cover and centre pages of a book called MG by Richard Aspden. Its chassis number is PB 0545 and registration number CWB 564. I sold the car to an American living in London, George Jenkins, who a few years later sold it to a Doctor in the lake district when he returned to the USA. The car has not been seen since and has been removed from the Register.

TH

JMH

United Kingdom
913 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2010 :  13:31:51  Show Profile
Terry,
I think that the chassis number of that J2 of yours was J3659. Dad's record shows that some misguided youth fitted it with a F**d engine! I'll pm you with further info.

JH
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000