Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 They Still Turn Up - Quick Quiz
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2010 :  14:25:56  Show Profile
For those with a little bit of time - too hot for the garden:
In the current crop of (UK) magazines, there is a MMM car advertised which is unrecorded on the MMM Register or otherwise known to have survived (before everyone gets excited, it's not K3010). This car is not a "barn find" or "dumb-iron rebuild", but would appear to have a continuous history & is in an unrestored but road-worthy condition.

Answers on a post-card as they say...

JH

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2010 :  16:15:01  Show Profile
Any Clues please Jeremy?

Regards

Robin
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2010 :  16:52:06  Show Profile
Robin,
It's a four rather than a six & the same magazine issue (June) contains a feature article many MMMers will have read (if only in in the Newsagent).
It's also advertised by a dealer rather than private add.

JH
Go to Top of Page

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2010 :  18:47:54  Show Profile

I have searched 'Classic Boat' and 'Old Glory' from end to end in Smiths.

I am plunged into depression after reading about the effects of ethanol fuel in "CCW'.

Like so many MMM owners I am of a certain age and am likely to have expired before the clues are announced!

The ancient need instant gratification far more than do the young.

I have no time to wait.

Bob CC.

Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2010 :  22:10:54  Show Profile
OK,
June Motorsport, P152, J3260. I might add that it wasn't me who spotted it, but the member of the family who makes a hobby of recording these things. If you go to the web-site photos, the car would appear to in a glorious time-warp circa 1960. There was more in the magazine than just the article on K3001.

JH
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
653 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2010 :  16:11:08  Show Profile
So how many more are there to be found in the UK???
I know of a running [well, now and again] M that is not on the register - and is not one that was removed in the recent cull/clean up of registered cars 'cos it is not on the 2009 or 2001 register
Tony
Go to Top of Page

Ron Grant

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2010 :  17:05:47  Show Profile
Does anyone know whatever happened to the M type , chassis number unknown, that used to reside in an open fronted shed/ barn, behind the main street in Oakham, Rutland many years ago, probably 30 plus years ago. Was it saved?
Ron Grant
Go to Top of Page

briang

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2010 :  19:57:28  Show Profile
Yes, they still emerge...!

I am about to go meet a bloke who has just fired up a J2 which is unknown to the Register.
He acquired it recently after the previous owner had worked on it for many years.
He has been told it has a prewar racing history and once was fitted with a single seat body.

Interesting, eh? You bet! Will tell you all about it later.......

Brian
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1722 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2010 :  23:05:41  Show Profile
The two J2 chassis on eBay one a car in bits in Wales and the other in Barry Walker's posession are not on the current register (J3613 and 4019) and keep your fingers crossed I may have come across another one -bodyless, I understand, but otherwise much cherished...

Cheers

P
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2010 :  16:40:12  Show Profile
4019 hasn't been heard of since it left the factory, but the engine turned up in the 60s with J3689.
JH
Go to Top of Page

sas

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2010 :  20:49:38  Show Profile
Hello Brian and your post of 16/06/2010

...much later by the sounds of it.
I cannot contain myself any more, so go on, do tell, the suspense is exscrutiating.

Yours,
Sean
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000