Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Jacks
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rodm

United Kingdom
156 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  22:05:44  Show Profile
Can anybody tell me the correct Jack for MMM cars?
I have several Jacks that I want to sell, and one or two of them may be for "our" cars.
I went onto "search" but couldn't find anything.
Thanks
Rod

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  18:15:19  Show Profile
The PA/PB parts list merely says 'Shelley double-lift'.

In the usual '30s way, the car would perhaps have been sent out with whatever was on 'Special Offer' that week from the tool suppliers.

Bob.

Go to Top of Page

dade

United Kingdom
513 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  20:34:28  Show Profile
Hi Rod

There is a web site, Google = Shelley Jacks when you are on the site scroll down until the PB/PA jack appears take note of the price and then forget the idea and buy something else.

Whilst at Silverstone this year I saw one on BW stand, did not dare ask the price!.

Purchased a Lake and Elliot type that will do the job £15. Have got to make up Rods and handle.

The Lake and Elliot foundry was at Braintree Essex, as I live fairly close seemed appropriate.

Russ
Go to Top of Page

sam christie

United Kingdom
3099 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  00:46:40  Show Profile
This is only applicabe to the M-type but.....

M-type tools (from a typical unillustrated spares list) -

Minor tools list from same period -

Minor tools illustration -

And a lastly a variety of tools with a 'very original'M-type with a known long history since before the War (but includes a Minor petrol dipstick)-

The two lists seem (to me) to correlate quite well suggesting that the toolkit illustration for the Minor might be quite a reasonable guide for the M-type.The jack in the photo is Shelley and I think it resembles the one in the Morris illustration.

Sam

Edited by - sam christie on 09/09/2010 01:28:25
Go to Top of Page

Matthew Magilton

Australia
179 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2010 :  13:42:55  Show Profile
Great pictures Sam. I have been collecting information on tools myself. Ted Hack (of the D Group) kindly sent me a copy of the tools page from the MG D type Spare Parts List which shows the same prices as in the M type list, although a notably different list of items.
Mind if I ask a few questions about the M type kit?:
What are the brands marked/stamped on the pliers, adjustable spanner, screwdriver, ballpein hammer and tyre pump?
Is the grease gun an Enots Pattern 5D? (Stamped on the lid).
The list for the D type and some other MMM lists mention a "small" grease gun too. Anyone know what this would have looked like?
Email me if you prefer, happy to compare notes.
mbmagilton "AT" msn dot com.

Cheers,
Matthew.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000