Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Chassis straightening
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

njnh

United Kingdom
404 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2010 :  18:15:37  Show Profile
Can anyone recommend a company for chassis straightening - preferably north of Birmingham?

Nigel

Ron Grant

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2010 :  18:26:31  Show Profile
Nigel
Contact Russ Truman at Yorkshire chassis services, he will be able to do whatever you require. Tel 01274 612492
Regards Ron
Go to Top of Page

ags

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2010 :  00:10:05  Show Profile
Hi Nigel,

I thoroughly agree with the Ron's recommendation of Russ Trueman. He is in Bradford, and though getting to his address is quite lengthy the first time he does a good job, very reasonably priced. Last week I picked up my own front axle, after having it set back to standard after a failed experiment with camber angles. He learnt his craft from Rubery-Owen and is quite prepared to virtually make a chassis from scratch if that is the best way to get one straightened.

His street address is Units 3 & 4, 30 Railway Road, Idle, Bradford BD10 9RJ. He relocated to this address a year or two ago, and his phone number changed at the same time. His brother Mike, incidentally, makes and repairs body tubs at the same place so that they are very useful contacts. Most of their work may be for T-Types but the problems of both sets of models are the same in these areas. When I was there for example Russ was working on an N-chassis as well as three or four T front axles. I believe that their work was and is used by Naylors and Andy King.

Hope this helps,

Andrew Smith
Go to Top of Page

njnh

United Kingdom
404 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2010 :  22:30:17  Show Profile
Many thanks Ron and Andrew for this helpful information.

Best wishes,
Nigel

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000