Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 moggy thou diffs ?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rbm

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2005 :  07:43:32  Show Profile
After my diff exploded going into martini the last corner at Wiscombe park, some mentioned that they used to fit moggy thou/spriget diffs to MMM's in the late 60's.
anyone done this?
any bright ideas?

Richard

o/t. p.s Max, thanks for the beer.

Edited by - rbm on 10/05/2005 07:44:49

bahnisch

Australia
674 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2005 :  09:34:14  Show Profile
I have fitted a (new!) Morris Minor 1000 (4.55 to 1) diff centre into my F-type rear axle housing. It was necessary to machine out the "hole" to accommodate the slightly larger diameter Morry assy, otherwise it is a straightforward mod providing that you have the jig to machine the 1/8th (?) off the front of the Morry diff assy so that the axles align. It is a common mod on TC's here in Oz and easy since there is no need to machine the "hole". I will probably do the same to my M-type since the diff is noisy but will try to get another back axle housing so that the original can be put back in in the future. Morris/Austin diffs are popular since there are many different ratios from under 4 to over 6 but they are getting thin on the ground.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000