Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 P Type windscreen brackets
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Oz34

United Kingdom
2536 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  19:47:27  Show Profile
The brackets are bolted to the scuttle with two 1/4 inch bolts which Mike Dowley can supply.

Am I right in guessing that the third, smaller hole accepts a woodscrew rather than a bolt? It is aligned with the X-member so not only is there plenty of meat to take it, but also only an angled surface for a nut to bear on.

Many thanks in advance,

Dave

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  21:14:55  Show Profile
Hello Dave

By a coincidence I had to check my windscreen fixing bolts today as the brackets had loosened a bit.

As you say, the two main fixings are by 1/4" bolts/setscrews (raised head countersunk) secured with a nut and the smaller hole accepts a woodscrew (also RH/CSK).

Regards
Dick Morbey, PA/B 0743
Go to Top of Page

Cymber

United Kingdom
966 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  22:24:45  Show Profile
So that's what decides the fore and aft position of the bracket.

Maurice Blakey.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  20:55:37  Show Profile
Maurice, that's possibly correct,although I probably co*ked it up when fitting my windscreen, as I left insufficient space between the screen and the scuttle humps to fit aeroscreens.......

Regards
Dick Morbey, PA/B 0743
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2536 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  22:07:07  Show Profile
Many thanks Dick.

Unfortunately I only formulated my theory when the clearance drill I was using to put a bolt in the smaller hole kept on & on & on going through the wood! I now have to plug my hole (der!) but the half full glass is that I only did one side. Measure twice (or more) & cut/drill once!

Cheers,

Dave

Go to Top of Page

Cymber

United Kingdom
966 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2010 :  22:10:46  Show Profile
WARNING
There is a snag to my assumption that the windscreen brackets are positioned so that the top screws are in the centre of the second crossmember. On the centre line of this crossmember are the screws which attach it to the side rail so to avoid a collision it would be adviseable to position the screw just off centre. I still have the old crossmember from my original body and the holes in that are foreward of the centre. If you have a new Rique Llinares body frame the crossmember is slightly different and the top fixing can also be a bolt.

Maurice Blakey.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000