Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Felt gasket - floor boards / front apron
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2010 :  16:37:18  Show Profile
I undertsand that the front apron and the floor boards orignally sat on a felt gasket. Most probably closed cell rubber strip is used today. What is the best way of fastening the felt or rubber strip to the chassis (or perhaps to the floor boards / apron).

Useful suggestions would be appreciated.

Peter

bahnisch

Australia
674 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  00:12:07  Show Profile
I used cork (floorboards, trans tunnel, undertray, etc) and foam rubber (apron), in both cases (unless "captive") using contact adhesive. The latter does not adhere very well to sheet steel (or paint!) but assembly keeps it in contact.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  08:38:48  Show Profile
On my PA there were thin strips of felt fixed to the floorboards (can't remember how they werefixed) to protect the chassis rails from abrasion. There was also a strip of felt between the two parts of the prop shaft tunnel. Think these were secured with bifurcated rivets.

The apron had some rexine-type piping between it and the chassis rails. (This is a swept wing car.)

Regards
Dick Morbey, PA/B 0743

Edited by - DickMorbey on 29/09/2010 08:39:51
Go to Top of Page

bahnisch

Australia
674 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  23:58:11  Show Profile
My cars (M and F2) both have "removable" aprons. My PA (with Australian body but practically identical to the factory body) just had piping around the (bolted-on) apron.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000