Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Castle Combe Pegasus Sprint
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  11:10:51  Show Profile
On sat I m entered in the Pegasus Sprint at Castle Combe with the MGCC. Any advice or tips out there, I ve never even been to the circuit before. I could do with some help, mixed in with the TVR and Morgan speed championships!! However a few midgets are in my sights!

Does this count for doing something for MG80!?

Thanks

Mark

Mark Dolton

philcoombs

United Kingdom
77 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2010 :  16:12:45  Show Profile
I am sure that will count as long as you can get an action picture uploaded to your Centre/MGCC website it will be included as part of the celebration.
Enjoy Castle Combe, see you at Goodwood next Saturday where you can show me the way round.
Philip
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2010 :  09:12:26  Show Profile
Great see you there Philip but dont follow me, I spent too long facing the wrong way last time!!!

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2010 :  12:12:30  Show Profile
Can I just say what a wonderful circuit Castle Combe is, I ve never had so much fun despite being the slowest car by about 8 secs! Throwing the car into Camp corner flat out and drifting round has put a smile on my face all week!! Amazingly despite the overall laptimes I was only a couple of MPH off a number of the MGB's and A's through the speed trap on the start line. Which does say how well the car handled through the final Camp corner carrying great speed when others are having to brake. Sadly Howard Harman couldn’t get his P Type to fire at all and never made it to the start line. A great value club event, and those that stayed late had an extra run to.

Unfortunately the electric gremlins are still there and I ve failed to fix this week. So I ve withdrawn from goodwood. Instead we are going to fix the dynamo and anything else that’s not right. In fact we are going to perform open heart surgery and remove the engine! First time for me so quite excited. Time to check things over and have a look at the original rods. Its been an ongoing debate, leave alone or check ...but I m pushing the car hard, revving higher and higher so worth a little TLC over the winter. Plus its time I learnt more about the mechanics first hand!!!

All the best and see you out next year, Looks like Curborough is the first 2011 event on Apr 3rd

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000