Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Thank you Nick Feakes
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Robin Macmillan

United Kingdom
415 Posts

Posted - 24/12/2010 :  21:25:03  Show Profile
from one who reads more than he writes my thanks also
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3376 Posts

Posted - 25/12/2010 :  16:17:25  Show Profile
Thank you all for your thanks. It is a pleasure to be able to contribute a small something to such a great community of enthusiasts.

Merry Christmas to you all
Nick
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2542 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2010 :  16:20:49  Show Profile
On the subject of thanks Nick, is the "Topic Review" which is just below this box as I type something you added during the "outage" or has it been there all along & I just haven't noticed it before? It certainly is most useful rather than paging backwards & forwards as I used to do!

Thanks either way.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

mgptype

United Kingdom
709 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2010 :  16:46:30  Show Profile
Dave,

I think it's been there all the time.
I have use it many times to check that I am not repeting anything others have posted.

I also use the preview quite a lot specialy when posting pictures.

Fred..
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2010 :  17:06:53  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Oz34

On the subject of thanks Nick, is the "Topic Review" which is just below this box as I type something you added during the "outage" or has it been there all along & I just haven't noticed it before? It certainly is most useful rather than paging backwards & forwards as I used to do!

Thanks either way.

Dave

So where do we find "Topic review"? I cannot find it.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

mgptype

United Kingdom
709 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2010 :  17:58:38  Show Profile
Peter,

You must be in the reply to post page to see them.

When you reply to a topic you can see all the posts that have been posted previously below the box you are typing in.

The original question is first followed by the last post ( newest first ) then the one before and so on.

There is no button to click on, they just come up below and saves you from paging backwards and forwards as Dave was doing.

Hope this helps.

Fred...

Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3376 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2010 :  18:38:27  Show Profile
Hi Dave
It has always been there (since the last update of the forum software anyway). I guess most people use the quick reply as I am doing now also when using the "Reply to Topic", if your screen resolution is not high enough it will be necessary to scroll down to see the other replies.
Nick

Nostalgia just isn't what it used to be.
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2542 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  00:36:52  Show Profile
Hi Nick,

It just shows how blind one can be!! In fact I'd never really noticed the quick reply box even!

Thanks Fred; yes I've always used the preview but not the other.

Happy New Year,

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  08:34:13  Show Profile
Ah yes a very useful feature. Have used it regularly but not noticed that it was headed 'Topic Review'.

I asked because a short while ago my attention was drawn to the 'Active Topic' button which I had not noticed previously but which is also a very useful feature. Perhaps I should try all the buttons to discover what they do.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

sas

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2010 :  12:26:19  Show Profile
Nick, i echo all those sentiments previously posted whilst we we all blinded during the forums absence.
Remarkable how so reliant we have become in this day and age on the power of the internet and all things electronic.
Just brings home fully the complications of keeping a car running back in the 1930's.
Again, congrats on a task well done.
Sean
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000