Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Pre-War Prescott
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

colinwlee

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  22:54:38  Show Profile
The Vintage Minor Register (which has a lot of participating M Types) is holding its annual summer rally at the Bugatti Trust at Prescott again from Friday 15 to Sunday 17 July.
I went last year in my Minor and intend to take my J1 as well this time to "chase the hill". The event at Prescott is on the Saturday.
Details here http://www.vintageminor.co.uk/summerrally2011/Summer_Rally_2011.html

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  17:46:43  Show Profile
I have today received an email from Ian Grace, Vintage Minor Club, who has advised that the Pre-War Prescott website is now up and running at www.prewarprescott.com - this has the technology to take on line entries.

The Vintage and SVW Registers have given the event their full backing, and Ted Hack of the D type subgroup intends to have a small marquee. I believe there will be a dedicated parking area for MGs.

I note from the website that one of the backers is Sports and Vintage Motors Ltd.

The invitation to the Triple-M Register will be discussed at our Committee Meeting to be held this Sunday.

George Eagle
Hon Sec., MGCC Triple-M Register.
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  22:51:41  Show Profile
George and all,

A bit of an update on Pre-War Prescott - Saturday 16th July. Since February, plans have marched ahead rapidly and this is going to be a great day - and particularly so for MG's. Apart from the MMM Register, the SVW Register, the T Register (celebrating the 75th Anniversary of the TA), the Vintage Register and the D Group will all be in attendance and parked in Registers in the Paddock. To date I have received 14 MG entries and am expecting many more before the day.

Two recent news items - the SU Carburetter Company (part of Burlen) has stepped up to be our number one sponsor, encouraged no doubt by their recent acquisition (re-acquisition?) of the Skinner Triangle Special which they will be exercising on the hill. Second, in return for nominating the RAF Charitable Trust as the event's designated charity, the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight will be present with their Avro Lancaster, PA 474, which is widely expected to achieve FTD! And we plan to have a tiny GoPro onboard HD video camera there which can be attached to your car so that you will be able to record your climbs and go home with a DVD. We believe this is a first for any Prescott event and will allow you to analyze your performance and racing line from the comfort of your home, and also - indirectly - time your climbs! Finally, there will be a BBQ and Swing Night on the hill in the evening, and Mike Dowley will be performing with the band. And if you don't get enough fun on Saturday, you can also join in the Vintage Minor Registers nav rally and parallel scenic tour that starts from the Orchard Sunday morning.

The website for the event can be found at www.prewarprescott.com which includes the facility for online entries, or there is also a downloadable form that can be printed, completed and sent to Frank Ashley. Do let me know if you have any questions.

I will be flying over from Seattle to run the event, so I am really looking forward to meeting up with as many old friends (and new!) as possible – if I can stay awake. If we haven’t met before, just look for the chap with the red eyes!

Ian Grace
Pre-War Prescott
vintageminor@gmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2011 :  22:10:51  Show Profile
With just a month to go, here's the latest MMM entry for Pre-War Prescott:

Rally No. Reg. No. Car Name

7 PO 1357 1929 M Nigel Stroud
8 LJ 455 1929 M Paul Russell
9 LJ 455 1929 M David Cutler
13 GG 3949 1931 M Sportsman's Coupe Roger Burnett (VMR)
18 HX 3864 1932 J1 Colin Lee
25 DPC 854 1934 NA Graham Finch
33 OG 2438 1930 M David Hinds
41 PG 1045 1929 M Frank Ashley
55 CPD 940 1935 PA Graham Williams
72 EV 3134 1931 M Steve Ashby
74 PO 5751 1931 D Ted Hack
75 JW 1214 1931 D Bill Grayling
82 RX 8951 1931 C David Cooksey

Any more planning to come?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic