Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Vale - Philip Bradey
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chris Bucknell

Australia
107 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  03:46:11  Show Profile
It is with very sad news that I inform the group of the passing of Mr Philip Bradey. I am informed that Phil died of pneumonia-related complications during a recent hospital stay. This came as quite a shock to me as Phil was by no stretch of the imagination old, and has two young children to his name.

For those of you not familiar with Phil, he was the last of a long line of Bradey's to own K3030 the ex-Bira MG K3. While this car may at times have been a little rough, it was a regular in South Australian car club and vintage events. Phil drove the car aggressively and was lucky enough to take the car to Europe in recent years, and even competed in a reinactment of the Mille Miglia. It was with a very heavy heart that Phil sold his beloved K3030 a couple of years ago. He was the third generation of his family to have competed in that car.

While it would be an understatement to say that Phil and I were great mates. I genuinely looked forward to seeing him at the various motorsport events we attended. We had a similar outlook on the world of MMM Racing MG's and the overarching importance of ensuring vehicles are out there being used. He was at times frustrated by various official bodies, who he felt were deliverately trying to prevent this goal.

I look forward to racing against Phil in the future in the big MMM MG ONLY race track in the sky.

A character who will be sadly missed.

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  07:24:02  Show Profile
This is very sad news. I well remember when Phil & 030 visited Westwood in the early 80s; He drove the car on UK roads with an open exhaust, not even a Brooklands Can. We heard him coming up the lane minutes before he arrived & heard him leaving long after the smell of Castrol R had drifted away!
One of the good guys......
JH
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  15:05:35  Show Profile
Very sad news indeed - I also had the pleasure of meeting Phil when he was at Silverstone with his very historic K3030.

Please pass on to the family the condolences of the Triple-M Register.

George Eagle
Hon Sec
Go to Top of Page

bahnisch

Australia
674 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2011 :  00:25:59  Show Profile
Shocking news indeed. At the invitation of the editor I have written brief obituaries for Phil and also Cyril Mellor for the Australian Prewar MG Newsletter. Cyril, who died recently, was a stalwart of the vintage MG scene and probably better known to our UK counterparts, but attended a number of National Meetings in this country.
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2011 :  11:30:03  Show Profile
JH
Can you send me the obit on Cyril Mellor? He and his lovely wife stayed with us in New Jersey in the early 90's. We attended a NEMGTR GOF together and we lent Cyril a T type for the weekend. A lovely charming couple. Sorry to hear of his passing

Mike L
Go to Top of Page

bahnisch

Australia
674 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2011 :  10:56:41  Show Profile
Sorry, the obits for Cyril Mellor and Phil Bradey are in my Documents file but I don't think that I can post them on this site (I wrote them for our Australian MG Prewar Register Newsletter in response to a request from the editor/s). I think that I can email them directly if anyone interested sends me their email addresses.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000