Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 50th and Silverstone.
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2011 :  10:11:00  Show Profile
What a super time on the 50th and with brilliant organization on the part of the "Team". Many thanks.
Pity the register space at Silverstone was not larger, and not in a more prominent position. I counted 70 Triple M cars on Saturday. Forgot to count them on Sunday, but I do not think as many.
Good to meet old and new friends, many thanks again to all.

Mike Dalby

Foz

United Kingdom
769 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2011 :  18:41:33  Show Profile
50th event ....enjoyed myself even without the Rat......hope every one got home OK!
if you think the Register parking was bad at Sillystone we had great difficulty finding space for the race cars in the paddock, thanks to the cooperation of the MGB boys in the garages we "squatted" on their space.....right next to us was a huge railed off space in front of the MG "Welcome" garage........'nuff said!
Sprint on Sunday was excellent with a good selection of Triple-M cars.
Foz
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2011 :  19:34:57  Show Profile
Yes, I too thoroughly enjoyed the 50th anniversary celebrations. Gaydon and Shelsley were excellent social occasions.

I enjoyed Saturday at Silverstone including the parade lap. But as a constructive comment, I would suggest that in future years when allocating the available space, more should be used for register parking, which is the central feature of the event. If there is a shortage of space, in total, then peripheral activities, such as the fun fair, should be eliminated from the program. .

However a big thank you to everyone involved in organising all of the events. A very successful week.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2011 :  20:20:04  Show Profile
I can only endorse what others have said about the 50th celebrations.

Obviously a lot of hard work put in by Elizabeth & her team.Great do.

My Thursday run out to the Cotswolds was cut short by a blown head gasket at Stratford But many thanks to Barry F. for his prompt attendance with trailer which got me back to the hotel. After another good turn by Ron Jackson I was able to get my own trailer & attend Silverstone as intended. Again, thanks to all.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000