Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Preparing for the 50th Anniversary week
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2011 :  19:08:12  Show Profile
Plan: Spend the day quietly checking the PA over, might change the plugs and points as they are due shortly. Wash and polish, perhaps.

Reality: 12 noon and I'm on the end of a tow rope with distributor shaft unwilling to turn. Anxious afternoon. Please, please just the distributor not the bevel gears. Surely I’m not going to miss the anniversary week. Well three o’clock and the panic is over. This time it goes all the way round the block not just half way. So adjust the timimg to 35 degrees max advance, tidy all the tools away and give it a quick slosh over and down to the garage to fill up with petrol. Made it.

See you all tomorrow at Gaydon.

Peter

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2011 :  22:04:18  Show Profile
Nice one ,Peter. Hope to see you there ...... sometime ! Ray
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2011 :  09:31:55  Show Profile
What a fantastic day out at Shelsley Walsh yesterday. A wonderful opportunity to see so many of our fantastic cars, owners and friends.

Many thanks to Elizabeth and all the organising committee, exceptionally well organised as usual. Also thanks to the Marshals and Team at Shelsley a wonderful venue.

I had to leave early at 14:30 and still had 5 runs so I m assuming some had many more...great stuff. Enjoy the rest of the week & dinner and I look fwd to Silverstone on the weekend.

Well done to all

Thanks

Mark

Mark Dolton

Edited by - Dolts on 23/06/2011 09:33:11
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2011 :  13:57:02  Show Profile
Mark

I agree with everything you say. It was a great day out just as the visit to Gaydon was on Tuesday. Excellent organisation by Elizabeth and the many others who were involved.

FIVE practice runs, so we will expect some very good times from you in two weeks time, Mark.

Peter
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000