Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Memories of 50 years ago
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BobRichards RIP

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2011 :  19:19:06  Show Profile
Now that Philip Bayne-Powell has sent his final bulletin to the printer and I am starting to take up the editorial reins, I am anxious to maintain the high quality of the bulletin that Phil has engendered.

As the 50th year of the Triple M Register is now well over half distance, it would be fitting to feature more memories of 50 years ago in the bulletin. If, like me, you owned, or were involved with a Triple M car 50 years or more ago, or if you have a car with history going back that far, please would you share your memories in an article for the bulletin. Dont worry if you cannot send in a long article, brief notes, hopefully with a photo or two would be better than nothing.

Submissions by e mail or on disk are preferred but failing that, please send in typed notes or scratch something out by hand.

If you send in printed photos, please label them on the back with your name and address and I'll make sure you have them sent back home.

My address details etc are shown on the website under Contacts/Bulletin Editor

Bob Richards

Edited by - BobRichards RIP on 15/08/2011 19:20:54

rodb

New Zealand
260 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2011 :  21:50:41  Show Profile
Hello Bob

The web site has the bulletin up to April No 60. Can this be updated for those overseas who do not get a printed copy please?

Rod Brayshaw

Edited by - rodb on 15/08/2011 21:52:14
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3244 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2011 :  10:37:21  Show Profile
Welcome to our new Editor.

We must all ensure we submit material to support Bob in his role as Editor.

I believe Phil's last Bulletin as Ed will contain my analysis of the replies we received to our questionnaire - to date 71 replies have been received. We will note all your comments/suggestions but we do require the full support of all our subscribers and members in order to secure the continuing success of the popular Bulletin.

George Eagle
Hon Sec
MG Car Club Ltd Triple-M Register
Go to Top of Page

BobRichards RIP

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2011 :  20:47:18  Show Profile
With regards to Rod Brayshaw's request for a later bulletin on the web, I dont think that it is club policy to have the latest bulletin on the web but perhaps one of the committeee could clarify this please.

Also, close on 100 copies of the bulletin are currently sent to subscibers overseas (including some in the Antipodes), at the same time as the posting to the UK. If you would like to receive the bulletin, please refer to the Home Page and click on Bulletin & Subscriptions.

Edited by - BobRichards RIP on 21/08/2011 20:52:26
Go to Top of Page

BobRichards RIP

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2011 :  20:49:17  Show Profile
Thanks for the welcome George.

Only four responses to my request for Memories received so far!

More contributions would be very welcome (please see the first posting on this thread).

Edited by - BobRichards RIP on 22/08/2011 20:31:23
Go to Top of Page

rodb

New Zealand
260 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2011 :  05:29:30  Show Profile
Can Bulletin no 61 be included in the down load section please since its not now the current issue?

Rod Brayshaw.
Go to Top of Page

BobRichards RIP

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2011 :  09:05:51  Show Profile
Hello Rod,

Conversion of Bulletin number 61 to web format is currently on the 'to do list' of one of our busy members. Apologies for the delay but I'm sure it will appear soon.
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2011 :  14:41:19  Show Profile
Hi all I m in the process of converting both June and Aug editions. Sorry it is a little consuming and I ve just returned from hols, now changing company too. Will be available asap. Thanks for your understanding.

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000