Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Supercharged MG for sale - £3.95.
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  17:05:00  Show Profile

At my local 'Boundary Mills Store' ( Jcn.10, M6.), whilst playing the dutiful bag-carrier, I came across a Coffee-Mug by Hudson and Middleton from their 'Classic Car Range', at a discounted £3.95.

Beside a nicely-done picture of a front-blown J.2 or P is the monologue which we have all heard at old-car shows, being delivered by a flat-hatted chap in a tweed jacket, to whit:

" I bought one just after the war....paid 75 quid for it....God knws what it'd be worth now...Of course mine didn't have the supercharger but it was great fun....I wonder where it is now"

To my astonishment, my grandson, keenly observant at 2 1/2, pointed to the mug and instantly cried 'Its Granpa'. He was rewarded, of course.

A charming souvenir; get one if you can. Bob.

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  21:05:31  Show Profile
http://www.richardwade-art.com/

My favourite way to have tea! Or send Christmas cards!

Regards,
Cat
Go to Top of Page

bahnisch

Australia
674 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2011 :  00:20:26  Show Profile
Bob, We bought a mug at Gaydon(?) with a picture of an M-type which did 100 consecutive ascents of "Beggars Roost" (in 1929 or 1930?). Since we have an M-type it is one of our most treasured possessions! Wonderful marketing, probably inspired by Cecil Kimber as was most of the inspiration in the early days!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000