Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 grand prix frano Belge 2011 - with some PrewarMG's
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

taterry

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2011 :  04:00:06  Show Profile

http://www.pmcweb.fr/GP2011/content/_H1S2136_large.html

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
994 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  10:52:25  Show Profile
Some fascinating machinery, but what were the MG specials (I counted three) with ifs and an air scoop on the bonnet nearside?

Colin

PA 0613 - MG3242
Go to Top of Page

David Allison

United Kingdom
665 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  13:28:55  Show Profile
Most of the MG specials moderns - those with air scoops and IFS were I origianally thought probably MGB based - however looking the the top damper I think they are either TD TF or MGA because they have the earlier dampers.
I am more inclined towards MGA because the exhaust appears of the wrong side for a T type.

The unpainted car is a T with a Q rep. body - the exhaust is running under the driver on this car which is a dead give away.
There are two R types and 1 K3 with off-side exhaust exit - I believe Baynton Jones did some P and K series cars with twin cam heads - but I am reasonably sure that this car is a T type chassis.

The French cars in particular are lovely - a couple of Salmsons, Amilcars and my favorite from the late pre-war era a 320 series BMW.
The cars have alway been a favorite of mine because they look so much more modern than their age - A 328 BMW is easily mistaken as a car of the 1950's.

Regards David
Go to Top of Page

bahnisch

Australia
674 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2011 :  00:47:21  Show Profile
Is the big brown car a Gobron-Brillie? (They were made in Belgium I think.) If so, it may well be the same car that "resided" here in Adelaide for many years. It had a very large opposed-piston engine, I think and the make (model?) was the first to reach 100mph?
Go to Top of Page

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2011 :  05:16:07  Show Profile
I took part 12 months ago and it was very enjoyable.
They let us loose on an oval stock car track for 2 x 15 minute sessions !

Regards
David D

Edited by - Dow on 10/09/2011 05:40:01
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000