Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 P type door pocket
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dade

United Kingdom
513 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2011 :  16:20:52  Show Profile
I am at the moment trimming the interior of my PB and realise that I do not know how the interior of the doors are finished, specifically the pockets.

Is the whole of the door frame the "pocket" or should there be a sub frame inside the door to form a smallet pocket?

I realise that the backing of the pocket is lined and sports the MG logo, I have up to now assumed that the whole of the space inside the door was the pocket!

Any photos or comments would be appreciated.

Russ
PB0333

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3244 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2011 :  19:52:38  Show Profile
Hi Russ

The whole of the space behind the door upholstery panel is the "door pocket"

George
Go to Top of Page

Tim Phelps

United Kingdom
168 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2011 :  22:38:50  Show Profile
Russ,
I agree with George. Also, the MG logo is a rubber raised logo (available from Sports & Vintage, I think) that you stick onto the inside of the door skin and then put the leather over the top with contact adhesive. You need to work the leather into the logo with a suitable wooden stick such as the handle of a wooden spoon with some lubricant to prevent marking of the finished leather. With a bit of patience and care you can get a good embossed result.
Tim
Go to Top of Page

bahnisch

Australia
674 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2011 :  00:51:27  Show Profile
I did as Tim has suggested and got an excellent result. My door trims are vynil and the black from the rubber MG logos have (admittedly after some years) stained the surrounding area of the interior of the pockets. Perhaps it was the adhesive I used? Not a big issue (but the only marring aspect of the otherwise superb interior trim done/supplied by Bill Collingburn) and I do not know how (or if) this can be avoided?
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2570 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2011 :  09:51:31  Show Profile
I have one only (unfortunately) original "MG" rubber. It has been painted on its business face which may have prevented your problem Barry? Of course I've no idea if this was done in the factory or by some owner in the mists of time.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

dade

United Kingdom
513 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2011 :  16:02:48  Show Profile
Hi everyone

Thanks for your prompt replies, as usual all most helpful

Thanks once again

Russ
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic